We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just called Beaches re; Day Pass

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Just called Beaches re; Day Pass

Just for the giggles of it, I decided to call Beaches to inquire about a day pass. In all honesty...I am a HUGE Elmo fan...and think nothing would be funnier to me (along with a few rum punches) to get down with Elmo in TCI.

A Day pass can be gotten at the gate. You can stay from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., eat and drink all you want, and use all facilities. All this, for the low, low price of $140 per person.

WHAT? They're on crack. I'd rather put that cash toward another night stay! I'm sorry, I can't justify that much money. If they were to tell me HALF of that, I'd consider it.

Freehold
Level Contributor
172 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just called Beaches re; Day Pass

WOW!!!! That is a lot of money. Did you look into staying at an all inculsive so you don't have to deal with a day pass. My husband will only stay at an all inculsive. He's always worried about the bar bill.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
155 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just called Beaches re; Day Pass

Sure it's a lot of money, but we're talkin' Elmo here! C'mon!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just called Beaches re; Day Pass

That's right; can't put a price on that red monster!!

No, I wouldn't stay at an AI in a place like TCI; too many restaurants that are just too convenient. I HAVE stayed a AI in the past - and it's 'great'...to a degree. The last one was at the Tucan in Playa Del Carmen. By day 3...I was stuffed to the gills - had to leave the dinner table...I just had TOO MUCH of everything.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just called Beaches re; Day Pass

I always tell people to run the numbers before investing in an AI vacation. AI resorts are not in the business of giving things away and loosing money. They are very profitable.

Last I compared, our family of four would have to consume the equivalent of $400 per day, everyday on food and drinks to get our money's worth from a Beaches vacation. And that was staying in much lesser accommodations than the 2BR condos we're used to.

I guess some can do it, but I'd be face-down in the sand after eating and drinking that much. :-)

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
425 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just called Beaches re; Day Pass

That is why we always book AI's when we find good deals. For instance we are going to Beaches T&C & if you break it down by day it will $214 per person INCLUDING flight. Otherwise I don't think we would have booked here.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just called Beaches re; Day Pass

I think an AI is fabulous in someplace like Punta Cana, Playa Del Carmen, etc. where there is not alot of things to do 'outside' the resort, on your own. And I'm not one to want to do a guided tour every day - I like adventure. Even in Jamaica, there aren't dozens of great choices of restaurants to be able to drive to. I think that I feel a little to 'confined' when in an AI. Things get monotonous - fast!

Freehold
Level Contributor
172 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just called Beaches re; Day Pass

Just wondering about how much is a stay in Turks and Caicos with flight, food, hotel and drinks?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just called Beaches re; Day Pass

mlblair...the $ numbers is something you'd have to figure in yourself. I think for everyone it all depends on your needs, uses, etc.

Figure out your air; then what hotel - go from that. We figure $100 p.p./day for food.

Freehold
Level Contributor
172 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just called Beaches re; Day Pass

Thanks...I'll have to do some research for next time. I'm paying $2900 for Club Med for 7 nights in May flying out of LGA.

Freehold
Level Contributor
172 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just called Beaches re; Day Pass

Oh that price is for two. The hubby and I.