We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am bringing a potcake home for someone!

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PA
Level Contributor
855 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
I am bringing a potcake home for someone!

There was a message on here a few days ago, and I followed up on it. The people live about 80 miles from me, so we will arrange for a pickup on the way home from the airport. Any suggestions from anyone who has done this? Could I take the puppy out of the carrier in the airport in Miami during our layover?

The folks who are getting the dog are so nice and so excited!

I will be in Provo in 24 hrs!!!! :)

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am bringing a potcake home for someone!

Fantastic! It is so easy! I have transported two pups to the US and have kept them both. Truthfully, Turq was transported here to be our dog but Ben was to be transported to NJ to live in a foster home until his forever home was found. Well, we are it!

Transporting is easy. You can take the pup out of the carrier in Miami. You will be given several "wet pads". Place one on the ground and place the pup on it. Viola! the pup will likely do his/her business. Pick up the pad and throw it away. The pup will likely enjoy a bit of exercise then place him/her back in the carrier for the follow on flight.

Customs is a breeze with the pup. Enjoy! Moms

Connecticut, USA
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I am bringing a potcake home for someone!

Have a great trip. Nice to see you will be bringing a pup back. We have done it and it is a lot of fun. Remember to have some bottled water available so the pup can have a drink when needed. They also gave us a little food which Helen (that was the name of the pup we were transporting) was happy about. They usually give the dogs a little sedative but in our case they could not do it because of her age and it was not a problem at all.

Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I am bringing a potcake home for someone!

I'm not sure I even know what a Potcake is exactly, but I do know I'm looking for a dog.

You say it's easy to bring into the US...what about Canada? Has anyone brought in a dog/pup to Canada?

We'll be in Provo Sep 6-14.

Ronkonkoma, New York
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I am bringing a potcake home for someone!

chapterette, just put the word potcake in google search and you will get all the info....

PA
Level Contributor
855 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I am bringing a potcake home for someone!

Let me just say that I fell totally in love with the little guy we brought home!! He was adorable. Several people on this board have adopted them.

Here is the website for The Potcake Place. They do a wonderful thing!

http://www.potcakeplace.com/

Marietta, Ga. USA
Level Contributor
516 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I am bringing a potcake home for someone!

Oh my gosh. I just went to the Potcake website. I think I will adopt one when I go in October. I've never been to Provo and never had a dog but always wanted one. This seems perfect :) Thanks for posting this, nuttyone!

Toronto
Level Contributor
472 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I am bringing a potcake home for someone!

Hi chapterette,

You said in another post that you are flying Air Canada. Well, unfortunately, they do not allow "pets in the cabin" anymore. I think that closed off the pipe for potcake pups flying Air Canada, unfortunately. I would dearly love to courier a potcake for someone (can't have a dog ourselves due to allergies) but not flying Air Canada I can't. Anything other than Air Canada from Toronto would not be a direct flight, and I do want the direct flight... It would be so nice if Air Canada allowed animals in the cabin again, but not everyone thinks so, or they wouldn't have that policy.

8. Re: I am bringing a potcake home for someone!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 09:21