We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glass bottom boat

chicago
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Topic
Glass bottom boat

Is there a boat company that offers both a glass bottom boat ride and snorkeling on the same trip? I am not a snorkeler, but my kids and hubby want to do some. I thought it would be cool if I could see them while they are snorkeling around. Yes, I am a big chicken. 9 more days and we will be in paradise!!!!

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,697 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glass bottom boat

Reef Peepers has a snorkel adventure trip. Sounds like something you are looking for.

www.reefpeepers.com 649-941-8605

chicago
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Glass bottom boat

Do you know if Reef Peepers is as good as Caicos Dream tours? Everyone seems to talk about them on this forum. If they I a lot better, I will skip the glass bottom boat so the rest of my family can have a good snorkeling experience.

Thanks.

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,697 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glass bottom boat

To be fair I really can't compare the two. I have never gone on a Reef Peepers trip.

Maybe someone on this board has done both, and give you some advice.

This is the 1/2 day excursion w/ CDT

Stop at Iguana island if requested, Snorkel, Dive in 4 ft of water for Conch shells, stop at Half Moon Bay, and spend a good 45 minutes an hour so you can explore, take pictures, relax, have a snack, it's not all snorkeling.

State College, Pa.
Level Contributor
51 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glass bottom boat

My wife and I went with Reefpeepers 2 years ago and while the 2 guys running the boat were nice I probably wouldn't recommend it to someone who is wanting an above average snorkling adventure.

The boat left in front of the Baci restaurant in the morning and passed near the resorts on the way to Lizard Island. $5.00 and all you can see iguanas.

The beach was nice there. Then we went snorkling for 30 minutes or so(didn't see to much) and didn't see much through the glass bottom boat. There was some nasty rum punch although it did have some kick and a few stale pretzels for snack. Bring your own snacks.

Overall it met our needs as we are not serious snorklers and we just wanted a boat ride. We did get a couple of nice T-shirts for the kids. Depending on the cost you might be disappointed.

virginia
Level Contributor
237 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glass bottom boat

SJL Chicago -

I hope you all have a womderful trip! I will be looking forward to hearing all about it. We rented a villa right near where you are staying, but we have to wait until August. Let me know which boat tour you like. Best of luck. tresor70

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,311 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Glass bottom boat

In all honesty, 2 years ago Reef Peepers was under different ownership. (I have not seen pretzels at the IGA for many weeks now, so that cant happen either.) Ocean Outback also has a glass bottom boat he takes on his 'Adventure Cruises'. He now has a website www.OceanOutback.com

May I suggest you ALL go out on the Undersea Explorer Semi-Submarine - this is SO cool, you will see everything and explanations as sighted over Smiths Reef, then choose a 'get wet' boat trip as well.

chicago
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Glass bottom boat

Tresor70- Where are you renting a villa again? I will write a trip report when we return and will let you know about which boat trip we took. It is so confusing picking out the "right" boat trip. You hate to blow all that money and be disappointed. 8 more days and we will be in PROVO!!!! Sorry, but I'm a little excited. Sandy

8. Re: Glass bottom boat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 17:18