We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June, July, August vs. February

USA
Level Contributor
225 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
June, July, August vs. February

Any help about these months, vs. February.

The Villages...
Level Contributor
941 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June, July, August vs. February

Hotel costs. LOL

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June, July, August vs. February

possible hurricanes

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
162 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: June, July, August vs. February

Any time of year is beautiful in Turks & Caicos.If you are from some place where it is cold in the winter Feb is always nice to travel.We have been in the summer & the water is soooo warm.You will want to spend the whole day in the water it is warm & calm.Snorkeling is great in the summer too for you can stay in the water as long as you want where in winter you can get chilly after an hour or so w/o a wet suit.

USA
Level Contributor
225 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June, July, August vs. February

So, February is the month then?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: June, July, August vs. February

June has always been our favorite month to visit, as prices are much less, Hurricane season is not yet in full swing, and the weather has always been terrific. We've visited eight of the last ten years during June.

If it's important for you to escape the winter cold, and you don't mind paying full fare, then February and March are the most popular "winter escape" months.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
57 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: June, July, August vs. February

I'm going to second CarribDesi.

June and early july are the best months. Prices are lower, the water temperature is higher, too early for any real hurricanes, and the temp is wonderful.

I've been on island once this year already, in early may, and must say the water temp was not as great as june and july. (granted it's still warm), but I prefer it even warmer.

I'll be down for another week in July.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: June, July, August vs. February

I would choose June/July/August over February any day. I love Turks but I'm not sure it would be warm enough for me in February.

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: June, July, August vs. February

We went in February last year and the weather was perfect- 80ish during the day and pants and sweater weather at night. Personally, I would not do the Bahamas or Caribbean in summer. Too hot and hurricane season. But it is about half the price in summer. February is high season. So I guess it depends on what is important to you.

new york
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: June, July, August vs. February

June was wonderful, less people and better deals. Very rare to have to worry about a hurricane in June. The water is amazing!

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: June, July, August vs. February

All of the above.

February is a miracle when it's 30 degrees at home. It's always been in the high 70's to low 80's which trust me, your winter skin appreciates. The water is cooler than it would be in June or July but I can get in and get used to it. I'm a lightweight, I like a pool at 86 degrees at least.

If I could only go once a year I like the break from winter.