We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good time to travel to T&C?

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
289 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
good time to travel to T&C?

So I am really excited because I won a trip to Beaches T&C, but now I have to decide on 3 alternate dates that I want to travel and submit to see if they're available. I kinda want to go ASAP because I desperately need a vacation so I was thinking of making sometime in June one of the dates. I also think I want to avoid August & September since hurricane season peaks then and since i'm from Ft. Lauderdale, I have to take both locations into consideration. Is October a good time to travel? Or perhaps the time between Thanksgiving & Christmas? I'm so torn!!!! Any advice? Thanks!

southaven, ms
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good time to travel to T&C?

June is a great time to go, nice and warm! Been twice in June and once the last week in May.

October should be nice but a lot less people and I hear some restaurants close down during September and October, not for sure but that's what I've heard. I think between Thanksgiving and Christmas would be a good time if you can wait that long!!!!!

I'm jealous, wish I could win a trip!!!!

No matter what time you go you will have a great time!

The Villages...
Level Contributor
941 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good time to travel to T&C?

We went to Beaches both in June and November. The water was much nicer in June, calmer and warmer, than November. It was much hotter in June, too. We prefer June. But, it sure is nice to get away from the northeast in November. (You really don't have that problem in Florida.) Enjoy your trip, whenever you go.

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good time to travel to T&C?

That is so cool! Congratulations! That's a great prize!

If you are feeling like you could use a vacation now, I'd say go now! No time like the present!

So, what's the story on how you won it?

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good time to travel to T&C?

Congrats on your Beaches trip. What a fantastic prize. I say if you need to get away and relax as soon as possible go now! Have a great trip!

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
289 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good time to travel to T&C?

Thanks! It was a radio contest. The week before it was for a trip to Jamaica - you just had to be caller 9 when they played some weird sound on the radio. So obviously, I didn't win a trip to Jamaica. The next week it was to Turks & Caicos and I have been wanting to visit so I was just sitting around doing laundry, heard the sound, called and was caller 9! Crazy, right? I've never won anything before!

I'm hoping to go in June sometime.... I have to pick 3 dates and submit it to them and then they confirm if they are available - then I have to take THAT info, send it somewhere else, to get my airfare. My only worry is that June is fast approaching.... but I'm going to turn it in tonight and hope for the best! I am sure whenever I am there will be great - I'd be there tomorrow if I could! Thanks for the info, everyone!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: good time to travel to T&C?

I'll also cast my vote for June. We've visited at that time, eight of the last ten years.

7. Re: good time to travel to T&C?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2009, 05:31