We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anacaona Or Coco Bistro - mixed reviews? Others?

Kimberton, PA
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Anacaona Or Coco Bistro - mixed reviews? Others?

Hello,

We are looking for a suggestion for our last two nights on T&C. We love fresh fish and a great view if possible too. My husband has a food allergy, so attentive service is important. I have read some mixed reviews on Coyaba and even some on Coco Bistro so we started looked at Anacaona but just how pricey are they??? Also, we saw some mixed reviews on the Somerset's main restaurant?? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anacaona Or Coco Bistro - mixed reviews? Others?

You'll be hard-pressed to find a popular restaurant on any forum that doesn't have at least a few mixed reviews. It's virtually impossible for a restaurant to please everyone.

If your husband has a food allergy, he might want to call ahead so the chef knows in advance.

Coyaba -- Dined 4X, three were excellent. One night, they were a little off, but that can happen anywhere.

Coco Bistro -- Dined 6X. All were excellent. Unique setting.

Anacaona -- Dined 2X, but it was many years ago. Very expensive, w/ beautiful, romantic setting.

O'Soleil -- We've yet to try this one, but look forward to our first dining experience there, this July.

Kimberton, PA
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anacaona Or Coco Bistro - mixed reviews? Others?

Thanks so much!

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,313 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anacaona Or Coco Bistro - mixed reviews? Others?

Because of the recent weather fresh local fish might be hard to find. Try Baci in Turtle Cove for both the fish and a view. Otherwise best view would have to go to Magnolia, then Anacaona, perhaps Bay Bistro, Hemingways, Orchid B&G. Many restaurants do not actually have the ocean view from their dining room.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
233 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anacaona Or Coco Bistro - mixed reviews? Others?

I might suggest you try the Bagetelle restaurant at the new Wymara resort. We've had several wonderful dinners there. The food presentation and quality was amazing esp. the fresh fish selection. The Tuna Tartare was to die for and I regretted offering to share it with my date. She had a nice citrus salad with Mahi and I had a fillet which was seared perfectly. The service which can be lacking at some venues on Provo was excellent too. The Bagetelle's menu is more reasonably priced in comparison to Coco Bistro, Coyaba or Anacaona. I will certainly add the Bagetelle to my list of suggested restaurants to my friends and clients.

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anacaona Or Coco Bistro - mixed reviews? Others?

Gotta love Coco Bistro. Such a neat place. Great atmosphere & the food is great.

6. Re: Anacaona Or Coco Bistro - mixed reviews? Others?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2009, 06:19