We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
weather

I'm going to Provo on June 5-10 - Does anyone know what the weather has been like??

It looks like rain :(

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

Provobum's perpetual weather prediciton. 85 and mostly sunny with a nice breeze. Chance of showers in the afternoon. Have a good time.

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

My perpetual weather advice.

The only accurate weather prediction in TCI is to go outside & look up.

also

If it raining where you are, you can often go to another spot on the island where it's not raining. Not always, but really often.

Dallas, Tx.
Level Contributor
254 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

Maybe experts can tell us whether the forecasts that call for rain usually mean you'll just get some showers here and there. That's how it is on most Caribbean islands... some rain pops up but usually just for a short time.

Is this how it is?

CJ

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

Most of the time yes, and not always everywhere on the island either. A beautiful day can be made even more beautiful with rain. Watching rain in the islands is awesome.

It can and does rain like for real too, but mostly when you see rain on the "forecasts" it's meaningless.

Ignore it. Go have fun.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
74 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

I agree....don't worry about the weather...a couple of years ago we went to Bermuda...and the forecast called for some rain and thunderstorms everyday.. When we got there it hardly rained at all...and like others have mentioned....it's usually a passing shower and then the sun is back out. We'll be there the 6th thru the 13th....I'm not even looking at the weather. And weather.com has a habit of looking at the glass half empty....even here in PA....if there's a 30% chance of rain...their forecast looks like a washout. Maybe we'll see you there.

Ed

Providenciales
Level Contributor
632 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: weather

The beginning of the week, it rained - poured cats and dogs on Weds.

Friday - yesterday has been amazing - 20 mph winds, sun, a few clouds here and there, low humidity, cool at night.

Today it poured around 1:30, and the skies were milky for a while, but the sun is out now.

Will likely be totally different when you are here, so, don't spend too much time thinking about it.

If it's sunny, it's hot. If it's cloudy, it is still hot. In the evening, it is comfortable and sometimes humid - no need for a coat or long sleeves.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather

Well, unfortunately not all of these predictions of pop up showers/storms that go away in an hour or two are not always correct. We were there May 17-22 and had nearly 2 whole days washed out. Monday 18th was rainy then very cloudy, windy & cold in the late afternoon. Tuesday was beautiful. Wednesday 20th rained all day until about 3:30 in the afternoon. Thursday was OK, no rain, but cloudy most of the day.. Friday morning was nice, then we left.

The weather was better and warmer in Ohio that week.

I am sure this is the exception, but you are getting into the tropical rainy season at this time. However in my many trips to the Caribbean I hadn't experieced as poor of weather for the whole week that we had a few weeks ago in T&C.

Having said all that it will probably be 85 and mostly sunny with pop up storms that last and hour or so.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
632 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: weather

Beautiful today. Tree topper around 9 am.

I understand from my aunt that it is cold and rainy (65) in Ohio today -

A rainy day in TCI beats a sunny day at work.

Fayetteville
Level Contributor
16 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather

I was there the same week as Ohio guy and it did truly suck, to have 2 whole days wiped out by all day, torrential rain. I thought it was too windy when we first arrived, on Sat. but by Monday, I was begging for the wind back, if it meant some sun. These were no pop up Caribbean showers. I hope June is a better month, weather-wise. And no, 2 wet days on T & C is not necessarily better than a good day at work, not with 2 wet kids and not much indoor space to play.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,187 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather

Today in the 'Burgh it barely got to 59 degrees...somethings wrong when you have to wear a coat in June. :-(

Can't wait for my next T&C fix. Rainy or not!