We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villa for a large group

ny ny
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
villa for a large group

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a villa in Turks and Caicos? or a different island for that matter. I'm looking for something on a beachfront, with a pool as well. I might be interested in a place that you could hire a cook as well.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: villa for a large group

Villa Oasis looked very nice. It's located right on a quiet stretch of Grace Bay near Coral Gardens and has a nice pool. I believe the website is VillaOasis.com. There are other villas for rent on Turks and Caicos and other islands as well at vrbo.com, vacation rentals by owner which often has very good prices. Some villas on that website are located on Sapodilla Bay, which is beautiful but abt. 15 min. from other hotels and restaurants.

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: villa for a large group

How large? There are stunning villas of all sizes and styles to rent here. Just as Kams said.

A couple of the very large and spectacular come with private cooks, or there are a couple of companies here now that provide private catering and staff to anyone renting a home or condo here.

ny ny
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: villa for a large group

Well, I was looking for at least 10 people, ideally for more. Looking to go in Feb. i have been checking out the websites for the ocean point villas and northshore villas. A cook sounds appealing as well. Any inside info? Thanks!

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: villa for a large group

Does it matter to you as to the exact location? I.e. do you want to be on Grace Bay within walking distance to Restaurants etc.? You mentioned maybe staying on another Island, so I would think that maybe it wouldn’t matter too much?

There is such a vast choice here, so a good way to go is to choose your location first.

Here are a few that you can look up.

The first is very, very unique, It is like no other home here. It is for up to ten, it is very well managed with on site managers to assist your every need. It is on the Gorgeous South Shore, and probably has the highest elevation here of all. You can see both sides of the Island, and it has a wrap around Pool!!

www.caribbeanway.com the name of the estate is Bajacu comes with Maids and a chef!

Check out a few others on that website too, it’s very good

Here are the more well know properties that are for 10 or more people

There are the aquamarine villas on Grace Bay, very popular www.aquamarinebeachhouses.com for 2-28 three adjacent two level beach homes

Villa Sandstone at turtle cove. 2-10 www.sandstonevilla.com

Emerald shores on Chalk sound www.emeraldshorestci.com for 2-18

Villa oasis for 2-12 right on grace bay www.villaoasis.com

Ocean point villas 2-10 www.oceanpointvillas.com

There is one other that springs to mind on the other side of Turtle cove, but It isn’t really promoted or advertised.

It comes with maids, a chef and gardener! It has to be seen to be believed! (it even has a movie theatre!)

It isn’t often rented out but here is a link that I have just been given by the owner.

caribbeanway.com/villa-page/ind/106443.asp

As I said before You can rent a place that doesn’t come with a chef or maid service and you can arrange to have that provided daily or whenever you require it. Spa services too.

ny ny
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: villa for a large group

Thanks for all that info - you're so helpful! The places on Caribbean way that you recommended look amazing, but I'll have to wait til I'm making the big bucks for those. But WOW! That would be ideal! Can I ask you a few more questions? I think I've narrowed it down to Ocean Point or Northshore villas (owned by same company) or Emerald Shores. From reading on tripadvisor, it seems Ocean Point is farther from town, but someone wrote that the beaches at northshore aren't quite as nice? Any info? And what's the area like where Emerald Shores is located? Thanks again for the info, if you ever need NYC help, I'll reciprocate!

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: villa for a large group

Hi,

There was someone on this forum asking pretty much exactly the same question. They were trying to decide between North shore and Ocean point. But was worried about the beach etc. He’s what I told him first.

“Both incredibly beautiful properties, Very different locations.

Villa Stone crest is on Sapodilla Bay, well, around the corner, Gorgeous views, south side of the Island, No reef, not very good snorkelling, Great for practicing, but nothing great to see as there is no reef on the south side. All private homes, no Restaurants. You must have a car to stay here. It’s very Beautiful. It is at a higher elevation so you will get some great views.

You must drive to get anywhere. (nowhere is too far from anywhere here though)

North point is at Turtle Cove, but on the Ocean Side.

Yes this is Grace Bay, But it is a little different form the rest of Grace Bay, It’s at the end. There are no Resorts there, Good thing in one way, but in the other, the beach is a little “rural” It is not swept or kept up in any way. It is a little rocky compared to the rest of Grace Bay which isn’t at all. But it depends on what you are comparing it too. These beaches have been voted in the top beaches in the world and it is very easy to get spoiled.

There is great snorkelling off of Smiths Reef, but it is a bit rocky as you are getting into the water, but walk a little bit further up the beach towards the Turks and Caicos Club and no rocks, just white sand and miles of gorgeousness !!!!!

There are lots of restaurants that you can walk to from here.

Do you want to be going out a lot at night? Or would you rather have lots of dinners in?

You can’t go wrong with either of these locations, but the Turtle cove location has the bonus of being more central and having more flexibility with being able to walk to places as well, so you don’t always have to drive.

You will have other people out on the beach in front of you there though, but not too many to worry about, where as at the Villa Stone crest (Ocean point Villas) you will have none.

Emerald Shores. Same General area as Ocean Point, but on the Other side. Ocean Point is on the open Ocean and Emerald Shores is over looking an area that is a shallow inlet. Sandy bottom, Beautiful and unique water color. Striking shade of turquoise blue. But not open Ocean.

The Ocean Point Villas are Closer together, which some people do comment on.

The Ocean point Villas and Emerald Shore Villa is on Iron Shore, not a beach as such.

Basically it comes down to this, they are all gorgeous and you will be very happy with each property. It comes down to location. Two are further away, and North shore is cmore entral on the Island and is on Grace Bay. So my advice is to choose the location.

If you choose to be further out, then you can choose between Ocean Point and Emerald Shores.

Let me know if I can assist any further.

ny ny
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: villa for a large group

Thanks for being my own personal travel agent! That info. helps!

London
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: villa for a large group

You could take a look at a large 5 bed villa called Villa Sounion. Website is www.villasounion.com. It is on the north shore 7 minutes from the airport, 5 minutes from supermarket and has a concierge service, so a chef, extra maid service trips etc can be arranged. Only date it is free is 24th Feb - 1st March

Milltown, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: villa for a large group

I agree wilth Villa Sounion. We stayed there in June and it was true Paradise. The website didn't do the Villa true justice. It was large enough for the 10 of us never to feel cramped. The view was outrageous and the pool was much bigger than it appeared on the website. It was a perfect vacation from the minute we were met at the airport to the moment we took ur last look from the breakfast balcony. It was our 4th trip to Provo and absoutely our best

Valencia, Ca
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: villa for a large group

As an owner of one of the Ocean Point villas, I just wanted to thank Potcake for his fair and I think very accurate reviews of the various villa options available on the island. It's great to have forums like this where you can get real information from people who either live there or have been there!