We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids at Beaches

London, England
Level Contributor
114 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Kids at Beaches

Hey all,

I'm planning on going to Beaches in T&C at the end of January with my boyfriend and we're wondering if at that time of the year it will be still full of kids. As it'll just be the two of us we'd rather go at a time when it will be quiet as opposed to having kids running around screaming. Beaches includes the diving in its AI which is why we are planning to stay there as opposed to somewhere perhaps a little less family friendly. Any advice?

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,770 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids at Beaches

Most people at Beaches have kids. You may want to check out Club Med, it's also all-inclusive, but not sure if diving is inluded.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids at Beaches

We first toured Beaches during a January visit, and saw what seemed to be just as many kids as June or July. Remember, that's their market.

Also, Beaches has a huge International family market that travels year-round.

So, visiting a Beaches Resort with the idea of finding fewer children might not work out for you.

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids at Beaches

You might want to speak with some of the excellent dive operators on Provo to get an idea of your costs so you can look at other places and do the math.

AI doesn't always mean cheaper. It's often more expensive than doing your own thing.

Many resorts are offering deals and there are tremendous restaurants on the island you would miss by staying at Beaches.

As a couple wanting a quiet getaway I would seriously consider looking at other options.

Beaches is enjoyed fully by many people who have families and want to be able to relax with their family all inclusive. It just sounds different from your goals.

London, England
Level Contributor
114 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids at Beaches

Thanks everyone for your replies. I guess I'll have to look at ther oprions as you all suggested then.

xxxx

Chicago
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kids at Beaches

Myself and my wife has been to Beaches a couple of times and I'm a diver. Kids have never been a problem. We will be returning in a few weeks. Look at other places but don't let kids worry you at Beaches.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kids at Beaches

Diving is not included in the AI at Club Med. There are several diving packages available, as well as "pay per dive" and the additional cost is generally significantly less than the same diving with independent operators on the island. With the relative low cost of the Club Med, you can pay extra for the diving and the total cost will still be much lower than Beaches. Of course, the Club Med is not as luxurious as beaches but it also is adult only (18 and over).

London, England
Level Contributor
114 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kids at Beaches

Thanks again everyone. I guess I have to check the dive prices at the Club Med before I make up my mind. Humm, you've given me some hope about Beaches as well....

Thanks a million.

xxxx

8. Re: Kids at Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2010, 07:17