We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RWI or Trade winds condo

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
129 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
RWI or Trade winds condo

Planning our second trip to Provo for january and need some advice. Last year we stayed at the Sands in a studio and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. This year we are trying to plan a less expensive trip and stay for 10 days. We have been looking at the TW Condotel which seems nice in light of the price. We would stay in a 3rd floor ocean view 1 br with full kitchen for about 1425 per person including air from Minneapolis for 9 nights. Of course it is not right on the beach but it is close and they have chairs at the beach access although no Hobie cat. We will have a car for sure to get around to all the places we enjoy.

Then I found the same trip on expedia with discounted air saving us a few bucks but when combined with RWI it was 1540 per person so barely over $100 difference. I feel like this is a no brainer in terms of choice based on cost (leaning toward RWI)although I am struggling with the decision. I liked the idea of the kitchen in order to prepare some meals for convenience and to save a few bucks. Plus I liked the ocean view and the fact that it is near the Sands-we thought the beach there was some of the best on Grace Bay. We did not explore around RWI so we have no first hand knoweldge of that area.

What do you all think?

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RWI or Trade winds condo

Just to confuse you a bit more. I just returned from staying at the Villa Del Mar in August, and loved it. The prices were great, not right on the beach, but a very short walk through Grace Bay Club, There is also a beach attendant that sets up chairs and umbrellas for you. Very new and a nice little property for the price. Within walking distance to many shops and restaurants.

I have pictures on www.tcisland09.shutterfly.com The one bedroom and studios are listed.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: RWI or Trade winds condo

Both VDM and RWI are a step up from Trade Winds. Location and amenities are better at both. VDM doesn't have a restaurant and is not right on the beach, but is newer than RWI. RWI is bigger and right on the beach, although the 'back' rooms at RWI are just as far, if not further, from the beach than VDM. Can't go wrong at either as far as I am concerned and they are very close to each other location wise.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
129 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RWI or Trade winds condo

Thanks. It is great to get inside opinions from our T&C destination experts!

I saw Villa del Mar on expedia also and it looks nice but the price is several hundred dollars beyond RWI. What is the beach access like?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
129 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RWI or Trade winds condo

Love the photos! Which ones were of the beach access for VDM?

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RWI or Trade winds condo

Try www.yourvilladelmar.com and click on rates and promos.

The beach front is shared with Grace Bay Club. They have the widest stretch of beach. Very nice.

I would go with RWI if you can get a better deal. Can't go wrong with either one of these properties for the price. What ever one gives you the best deal go for it.

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RWI or Trade winds condo

I don't think I took any during the day, the sunset pictures, and the girl in white playing on the beach were taken between RWI and Grace Bay Club.

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RWI or Trade winds condo

We have stayed at RWI & VDM and I would prefer VDM over a RWI garden room.

If the RWI price is better make sure you are comparing apples to apples. The VDM one bedroom we selected had a full kitchen all brand new.

Very nice and quiet. Beach access is right in front of the building.

I kind of like that VDM doesn't have a restaurant. There are plenty within walking distance. If you are swimming (2 pools) or using the hot tub at night it's not right in front of a restaurant. It feels very private.

I would happily stay at either place. You can't go wrong.

Ronkonkoma, New York
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: RWI or Trade winds condo

Honeytraveler, Contact the resort DIRECTLY, not the 800#. Speak to the manager and tell them what you are looking for and other prices you got and see what they will do for you. From what I'm hearing there are more rooms than guests and each place is trying to fill theirs.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,620 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RWI or Trade winds condo

We have certainly been getting very good deals at RWI Staying for 7 nights - paying for 5

Its a grat place to stay -2 pools - great beach -friendly staff and one of the best restaurants in Provo ! -we have been there 3 times this year !

Providenciales
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: RWI or Trade winds condo

RWI just announced a "every 3rd night free" promo til the end of October

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS112607+10-Sep-2009+BW20090910