We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for Old timers

Fort Wayne, In
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Question for Old timers

Juist got back from Provo and had a fabulous time. Trying to remember though where the Ramada Inn was. We stayed there about 15 years ago and things have changed so much, we don't have a clue. Does anyone remember?

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
5,069 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for Old timers

The old Ramada Inn was where The Seven Stars is now. They are the 3 tallest resort buildings with the blue roofs.

Hope you had a great time!

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,724 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for Old timers

Those were the days...My favorite place was the Ramada. The dock in the middle of Grace Bay was part of the Ramada. A little run down now, but still there.

Where did you stay this visit?

Mentioned in this post
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
6,044 Reviews
Providenciales
Providenciales
Level Contributor
776 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for Old timers

Seven Stars has also been attracting some of the local expats who live here on the island, it's great to head in for a lunch over the weekend with the family and enjoy the pool surroundings, etc. I think it's a great move as the word is starting to really get out more about what a great resort it is.

Fort Wayne, In
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for Old timers

Stayed this time at Villa Renaissance. Beautiful place. There were only about 10 people staying in the entire resort. Always had the pool to ourselves, but couldn't resist being out on the beach wih the beautiful ocean.

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,724 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question for Old timers

Villa Renaissance is a beautiful resort. Curious as to what you think of all the changes?

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question for Old timers

That's good to hear Discover TCI. Once they are up I want to see them do well. Empty shell resorts are sad.

I always thought they should be more open to outsiders.

It's not my fave, & I would have liked the 4 story plan to stick, it's better for everyone if they do well.

Fort Wayne, In
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Question for Old timers

It was hard to believe all the development. I remember walking from theRamada down to the White House to snorkel, with virtually very little development in between. I am anxious to see what new retail establishments come in the new center by Villa Renaissance. It looks like it to be very upscale and it might be quite successful with guests in those resorts.

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
4,402 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Question for Old timers

If dating back to the Ramada days makes you an old timer then what do you call someone who was here for the days of the old Third Turtle and the Seven Dwarves? A fossil?

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,724 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question for Old timers

Wish I was there then . There are still some of the Third Turtle inn remains near Tiki Hut. Lobo when did the Third Turtle close? Where was the Seven Dwarfs? I have never heard of this.

USA
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Question for Old timers

Seven Dwarfs are a who, not a where.