We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather forecast

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
6 posts
Save Topic
weather forecast

Hi Potcake

can you tell me the forecast 10/29-11/6

Thanks, Dave

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather forecast

Difficult to say Dave,

I can tell you that it is absolutely Gorgeous right now, but it is still Hurricane season. Alpha has left us, I don't think that there is anything coming up behind it yet.

The forecast says that for the next ten days it is expected to be 78-90F with 20-50% chance for precipitation. Some clouds and thunderstorms.

That is the usual report that you will get for this time of the year.

We had a horrible week last week but that is so unusual and touch wood it looks great now.

It rains so rarely here (alas) and when it does it is very often at night and if it is in the daytime it rarely lasts long enough to ruin outdoor activities

N.Y.N.Y.
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather forecast

Hey Potcake,

We are also coming down there Oct 29th to Nov 5th.

After all this rain do you think mosquitoes are going to be a big problem.

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather forecast

Mosquitoes do come out after rain yes. I haven't noticed any yet today. But if you are susceptible to bug bites then bring a good repellent and some after bite lotion or cream and an over the counter antihistamine.

The Trade winds here are normally so lovely that bugs aren't really a problem but rain has an effect yes.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,336 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather forecast

We were there for 10 days during the storms and rain and flooding-honestly we had very few mosquitos. If you do run into them it will be at night and all restaurants have bug spray.

Richmond, VA
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: weather forecast

Hello Potcake!

We will also be down November 1-November 6th! Can't wait to see TCI and the bauitful Grace Bay.

Thanks for the weather report, definitely want any Beta action happening down there next week.

To the others that will be down there too, where is everyone staying?

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather forecast

Hi Stacy,

It is another gorgeous day in Paradise this morning. The sky is blue, Ocean even bluer and calm and shimmering.

It's 10.30 and is already 84 degrees. There is a slight breeze blowing and is simply Beautiful.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather forecast

Tracidee,

We were also there during the flooding and storms. Both of our digital cams ran out of batteries, and we are still lamenting the fact we have no great pictures of it all.

Did you happen to get any good pictures of the roads flooded out, the cars almost underwater, general blustery mayhem?

If so, could you e-mail to me at

ginny@imagemakersadv.com?

Did you get out of town on time?

We were fortunate to have the bad weather hit the night before we left. We were without power for the evening, and made our afternoon flight just fine the next day, which seemed miraculous at the time.

Thanks for any help!

Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
223 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather forecast

Try this URL, www.stormcarib.com/reports/2005/tci.shtml. It has some pictures of the flooding. It's unbelievable!

Montreal
Level Contributor
698 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather forecast

Potcake

Do you suggest a sweater for the evenings at this time or is it quite warm?

thanks

Susan