We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thank you and HELP!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
180 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Thank you and HELP!

Hi folks - just a second to say thanks for all of the great tips and recommendations on everything T&C from all of you. I have been reading this forum for close to two months as I plan my first trip to Provo, and have been thrilled to have such a great resource to be able to refer to. Just awesome.

Okay, now for some help. Wife and I have rented a beautiful villa on Grace Bay for our 2nd honeymoon in March, and could not be more excited about it. For our first night on island we would like to enjoy a real fine dining experience - AND - as my birthday is the following evening, we would like to have an even more special dinner. The list of restaurants is tremendous, and I just am having the worst time narrowing down the choices. I've read every restaurant review there is, and have probably made the decision harder on myself for doing so. All of the menus in the dining guide look great, and make the decisions harder.......

So the question I would pose to all of you helpful T&C veterans - if it were you, taking your significant other on your first "big" vacation in 20 years, where would you go for your first Turks dinner experience, and where would you go for your Birthday the following night? Cost is not particularly an issue for these first 2 nights, it's about celebrating each other, and being in a beautiful location. I love seafood, wife is okay with it, so places with a good variety would be preferred.

Again thanks for all the time you folks put in to this. Everyday I read this forum and feel better and better about our decision to go to Turks & Caicos. WOW, excited!!

Nat

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,428 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thank you and HELP!

I celebrated my 50th Birthday this past April at O'Soleil at The Somerset and it could not have been any nicer.

Wonderful setting and spectacular food in one of the most chic restaurants on Grace Bay. Chef Lauren really does a top notch presentation and everything was excellent.

I would highly recommend O'Soleil for a special occasion.

And....live music on Fridays with Nadine and Daniel in the Zen Garden.

I did that evening dine inside in the white and chandelier-ed venue.

Spectacular evening with paced attentive wait staff(not rushed) which is what I look for in an fine dining restaurant.

Mike

2. Re: Thank you and HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2009, 19:16
Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,428 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thank you and HELP!

DiscoverTCI

I have noticed from your website which gains revenues from resorts that advertise with you......certain properties that advertise get mentioned.....

and those that do not.......are never mentioned.

So.....might I assume that you are biased?

Blamona.....what do you think?

Just MY honest observation.

Mike

New York
Level Contributor
211 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thank you and HELP!

In Sept i had the BEST 40th bday dinner at OSoliel. It was AWESOME! Graces cottage is really romantic BUT i HAVE always been hungry afterwards. SMALL portions!!!! im NOT a big eater! i am 5ft and 105pds!!! lol....

i SECOND OSoliel!!!

TCImike- OMG the big 50! :)

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,428 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thank you and HELP!

Dido....

Yes, O'Soleil is fabulous as well as The Somerset.

And....50 is the new 30. Just ask Blamona, Ajax, Camke, JustLaura, Provobum,Potcake, Desi and some others. (And especially TCILover)

Hey....it is ONLY a #.

For a special Birthday...O'Soleil, Grace's Cottage, . Coco Bistro , Magnolia , or Bay Bistro would be my top 5 choices.

Mike

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,996 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thank you and HELP!

I like Coco Bistro and Magnolia's the best. Both have unique settings and the food is pretty good too. We've been to both more than once.

I liked O'Soleil as well, especially the dessert. The setting is beautiful and I thought the food was good, but the portions were a little small for my manly appetite!

Ronkonkoma, New York
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thank you and HELP!

Nat, usually for the first night we go to Hemmingway's. That's our tradition. Anyway, because of the long day of travelling we just want someplace very early & relaxing to wind down the evening. One of our favs is Bay Bistro. We've found in the past some inconsistancies in restaraunts. But as others have said and is on my to-do list this year O'Soleil seems to get great reviews........................Hope you have a HB.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
775 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thank you and HELP!

I really have to get around to trying O'Soleil (shame on me), have been here for over a year now, but still never tried it, and find out for myself what the food quality/service/etc is like. Will definitely score some brownie points with my wife.

Lakeville...
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thank you and HELP!

While I loove Coyaba, I think Im going to have to say O'Soleil. Especially sit in the Zen Garden when NADA plays. Romance Romance Romance.

Also, the food is un-beleivalbe.

That is a great recomendtion from TCI Mike and Lover!

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thank you and HELP!

For ambiance and good food my two choices would be

Magnolia's - I went here for my birthday dinner the first time we went to TCI. It's view of the ocean and marina is so nice and the food is good too. Better still if you are there at sunset.

Coco Bistro - I just love Coco Bistro. It's very special dining under the mature palms and again, the food is good too.

O' Soleil at the Somerset is cool, we like it but we are looking for a top two experience of ambiance and food, I don't think it gets there. Inside is a very unique and funky-fab decor, but you are inside, no no no. Outside in the main courtyard is nice, but not as nice as Coco Bistro or Magnolias. However, Somerset in the Zen Garden with Nada playing music is a great night that we did after our dinner. I'm not sure what days they are there, but it would be a great add on to either dinner.