We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mad about Lobster @ the Somerset ???

Ontario
Level Contributor
156 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Mad about Lobster @ the Somerset ???

I read reference to this on another subject. Can anyone confirm what this is about? Is it the correct hotel? What night is this held on? Is it a set menu/ set price ? We're arriving on Monday and definately don't want to miss a "LOBSTER FEST" !!!!!!!!!!!

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mad about Lobster @ the Somerset ???

My parents just went two weeks ago, they enjoyed it very much. Somerset, Tuesday evening, make reservations.

There is also an all you can eat lobster evening at Horse Eyed Jacks on Wednesdays.

You may get more food at Horse Eyed Jacks. it would be more casual, an on the beach party atmosphere.

The Somerset event is lovely and you will also have entertainment by Nada which is very nice.

You could do both and let us know!

Ontario
Level Contributor
156 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mad about Lobster @ the Somerset ???

Thanks for the info, very helpful.

Tuesday is the "Rum Punch Party" at The Sands we'll have to decide as we were planning on attending that.

Wednesday we were going to go to the TikI Hut for all you can eat Ribs but would absolutely for go for the all you can eat lobster at Horse Eyed Jacks !!!

Is Horse Eyed Jacks in walking distance to The Sands?

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mad about Lobster @ the Somerset ???

Jude68,

Just so your not disappointed The Tike Hut is a $12.95 chicken and rib special, not all you can eat.

Have Fun

Ontario
Level Contributor
156 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mad about Lobster @ the Somerset ???

oooh ok, Tiki Hut lost out though, we are very anxious to enjoy local SEAFOOD !!!!

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mad about Lobster @ the Somerset ???

It is not walking distance. It is located in the Blue Hills area, next to Da Conch Shack. I would recommend a visit to that area-it is very different from Grace Bay.

From the Horse Eyed Jack’s web site:

Wednesday Night Lobster Buffet

$45 per person, Live Band

All you can eat lobster, jerk chicken and pork

A free rum punch sponsored by The Wine Cellar

Ontario
Level Contributor
156 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mad about Lobster @ the Somerset ???

Wow, are reservations required ? (Horse eyed Jacks)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mad about Lobster @ the Somerset ???

Jude, from everything I read it sounds like reservations are a good idea for the lobster fest. I reserved for our Tuesday night at their lobster fest, I mean who can miss lobster? :) we rang them from here, give them a ring before you leave :)

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mad about Lobster @ the Somerset ???

Horse Eyed Jacks is in Blue Hills right next door to the Conch Shack. You would have to drive.

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mad about Lobster @ the Somerset ???

Not sure about reservations for Horse Eyed Jacks. I think I would call just in case.

Ontario
Level Contributor
156 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mad about Lobster @ the Somerset ???

Thanks everyone - very helpful

Are the Somerset and Horse Eyed Jacks the only places that offer lobster fest? Does Hemmingways or any other place offer this, any other nights offered?

Just curious, want to make sure we don't miss it and also may want to go twice :)

ONE MORE SLEEP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!