We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation from hell in the Turks and Caicos club Med

san francisco
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Vacation from hell in the Turks and Caicos club Med

Please be advise that this club Med is less than mediocre...the food is terrible( kraft slices for cheese selection!, tuna cans for lunch and the only seafood during the week was very tiny shrimps in very small portions ) the room and the resort are very dirty and there is no comfortable furniture...we got food poisoning, rashes over our bodies, a lot of mosquitoes and infections...we had to "fight" to get a table or beach chair...never able to sit outside or by the pool as people "reserve" long beach chairs, tables and all even if the resort states that this procedure is not allowed no body is enforcing the rules. The service was rude and barely there...The beach is beautiful however this vacation was a rip off concerning quality versus price...never again...it is rated as a 3 to 4 stars and i would give this place not even a 2 stars...

Providenciales
Level Contributor
632 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation from hell in the Turks and Caicos club Med

Sorry you had an awful vacation. I wish you had sought out opinions on

where to stay here, before you booked Club Med. Hopefully you'll return to our beautiful beaches and try one one the newer resorts next time.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation from hell in the Turks and Caicos club Med

"it is rated as a 3 to 4 stars..."

By who?

Sorry you had a bad time. No resort is right for everyone. Sounds like you might have been happier at one of the more high-end choices.

Bayonne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
761 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation from hell in the Turks and Caicos club Med

You could have had a very nice and cheap meal next door to you at flamingoes....to bad you had such a terrible time! Clud med, I believe, is the oldest property on the island now! I'm not suprised by your experience!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
327 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation from hell in the Turks and Caicos club Med

I understand Club Med isn't for everyone. I do find it interesting that there was no seafood there. I have been there 8 times in 4 years, and at virtually every meal there has been some kind of fish. Mostly grilled at lunch, to salmon baked in a salt crust on Thursdays. I have never seen shrimp there. That gives me something new to look forward to when I go back in April.

There was new pool furnature, it is comparable to anything I have seen at the high end resorts when walking down the beach. Personally, I would rather spend time on the beach, as there are pools everwhere.

The resort does need some work. The one thing i have noticed is the less I pay the better time I seem to have as my expectations are lower. When I paid more I did notice every little thing wrong with the resort. The prices have ranged from 1700-4200 for 2 weeks for my own room.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,122 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation from hell in the Turks and Caicos club Med

I'm curious--do small portions really matter if it's all you can eat?

Did you use bug spray?

Did you complain about the food poisoning? I would think that would be the highlight of your complaint-I would be speaking to doctors and lawyers, yet you mention it like it was just 1 of many inconveniences.

Where did you see it was a 4 star hotel? Had you done your homework and read posts on this forum, you would have known it's basic.

I'm sure the bad string of weather affected your judgement?

Sorry you had a bad vacation. Good thing there are many islands. Good luck with the next one.

Vero Beach, FL
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacation from hell in the Turks and Caicos club Med

Sorry you had a bad time..But someone that lives in Florida, Your in the caribbean you will always have bugs no matter what.

New York
Level Contributor
718 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vacation from hell in the Turks and Caicos club Med

I like that particular club med. But when I stay there, I stay there knowing the food is a buffet, I have to get up at 8:00 am to reserve a chair / lounge which is definitely a pain.

Don't gve up on Turks, stay somewhere else. Determine your priorities, quiet, ocean front, kitchen, etc. Then come back to this forum, we're here to help.

I do believe the value received for the amount paid is fair. It is not, by far a four star resort.

Sorry you got il

Marblehead...
Level Contributor
297 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vacation from hell in the Turks and Caicos club Med

This is why I ALWAYS rent a Villa! Sorry for your bad trip, nothing can make up for an awful vacation. Hopefully others can learn from your misfortunes. Give Turks another try someday, different Hotel though. It's a great place to visit.

Level Contributor
2,040 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vacation from hell in the Turks and Caicos club Med

We stayed East of Club Med at the Ocean Club and it was wonderful. I saw the Club Med as I was taking ,my morning beach stroll. It didn't look very good to me at all and they do not keep their piece of the beach very tidy either.,

NC
Level Contributor
68 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vacation from hell in the Turks and Caicos club Med

I have a trip scheduled soon.. I am really curious if you did a lot of research before you picked Club Med-Turkoise? Not just the Club Med website. It in no way seems to be a high maintenance sort of place. Noone is really there to "wait" on you. (housekeeping and bartenders have a job to do, and should do it well..but they really aren't servants. ) Just curious?

I am very sorry you got ill. That is a horrible way to spend your holiday. and it does seem the weather has been very rainy in the past few weeks. That would be why the increase in Mossies. (That isn't really Club Med's fault.)