We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any islands nearby

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
G G
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Topic
Are there any islands nearby

I am going to TC in a couple of weeks. I'll bee staying at Club Med but was wondering if there are any day trips to another nearby island, other than No Middle Islands.

For instance, while in St Martin I had several islands that I visited during one day trips

Thanks

Bayonne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
746 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any islands nearby

Swansee,

You can fly over to Grand Turk for the day, a very doable trip! Went last year took the 10:30 flight return I believe it returned at 4:30.

Edited: 02 May 2010, 21:48
Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,049 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any islands nearby

there are other islands in T&C to explore, no other "country " islands like in St. Martin. For ex. from St. Martin you can day trip to Anguilla, Saba and St. Barth. From Provo, you can only travel for the day to other T&C islands, such as North Caicos, Middle Caicos, Grand Turk and Salt Cay. You can also explore the gorgeous different cays from Provo.

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
3,837 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any islands nearby

You might consider taking the ferry to North Caicos, renting a car and exploring North and Middle. Call ahead and make sure Daniel's Cafe is open for lunch.

G G
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any islands nearby

Thanks, but I think going to the islands you mentioned like St. Martin it would be very expensive to fly just for the day.

I think I'm going to explore taking the ferry but not sure if I'll be renting a car since I'm going by myself and it would be kinda expensive for just a couple of hours or so.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there any islands nearby

If taking a day trip to Middle and North Caicos doesn't satisfy you then you nothing else will here. Excellent day trip, or choices to stay other than Provo even, but Club Med, an Island on its own. Good luck.

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,289 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there any islands nearby

The Ferry to North Caicos is just $30 RT. Renting a car to drive around North and Middle is about $100 for the day with gas. Perhaps, once you are here, give Big Blue 946-5034 a call and see if you can get in with a group going over. Or next door to Club Med at Royal West Indies a company called Five Flamingo Tours also puts this day trip together. It would be more informative to go with a guide your first time over. Well worth the trip to see Mudjin Harbour.

G G
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Are there any islands nearby

Oh that might be an option going to the hotel next to Club Med

Thanks

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Are there any islands nearby

Keep in mind that there are forty islands and cays making up the TCI. These are not highly developed cruise ship destinations, so you'll need some form of transportation to and from, and once you get there.

A little effort, planning and a few dollars go a long way, if you'd like to truly experience the islands, IMO.

Edited: 11 May 2010, 23:08
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
327 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Are there any islands nearby

Big Blue has an office at Club Med, right across from reception.

I know 2 groups of people that did the heart of the islands tour with Big Blue, and they both said it was great.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
243 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Are there any islands nearby

I just got back and North and Middle Caicos are beautiful, but you will need to rent a car. Also, with the exception of the car rental companies, no one takes credit cards anymore, including Daniels Cafe due to the bank closure.