We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Apr 28th-May 8th-still long LoL Part 2

Peachland, Canada
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip Report Apr 28th-May 8th-still long LoL Part 2

Day 6 was another beach day-getting used to the busier Sands beach. Though I had always loved that stretch of beach and thankfully it still isn't crowded with the empty lots on either side of the Sands...it definitely took some getting used to after the quiet of the TCC ! But the reason we chose to split our time was I wanted to give my husband 2 different perspectives of Grace Bay. So after some beach time and since I enjoyed driving on the 'wrong' side so much I found I was looking for excuses to go out in the car! lol

Took advantage and did some shopping at Ports of Call, Saltmills and Villa Renaissance. Nice to have more shops to explore- Anna's Gallery in Saltmills is very nice. At 4 we were picked up and taken to Leeward Marina for our sunset snorkel cruise with Sail Provo. I've always enjoyed their large catamaran cruises and wanted to share this with my husband. We had a good fun group and the 1st stop was for some quick pics at Iguana Island ( again sadly not NEARLY as many Iguanas as there used to be) and then on to the reef. The water was a bit choppy by this time so the captain couldn't go as close to the reef as normal but we were able to swim over to the 2nd reef and there were tons of fish. Lots of conversation and free flowing rum punch and before we knew it the sun was setting as we sailed past all the resorts at the west end of GB beach. I couldn't believe how large Grace Bay Club is now- but must say that the new buildings totally fit in with the original building so well done !! The ocean was quite flat by now so the captain was able to let us off on the beach by the Sands. As the week went on the bay went almost summertime flat and we saw more cruisers boarding the catamaran at the beach; for me Sail Provo is part of the Grace Bay experience!! Back at the Sands we enjoyed the end of the manager's cocktail party which had a great turnout.

Day 7- more beach time and then we toured a few of the resorts. Random opinions : the Regent Palms is a beauty- swank and slightly ornate in style; Alexandra is very nice, Seven Stars is surprisely attractive, if you can get past those blue roofs, although I still don't feel that it 'fits' on Grace Bay; and the Villa Renaissance is very attractive as well. Apologies to its fans..but the WBC, although I read that the suites are impressive and everyone really seems to enjoy it...leaves me cold.It just reminds me of a high end condo that could be in any major North American city. But of all of the resorts we toured we were most taken with the Somerset -we'll look into it as well for our next trip ! Afterwards we enjoyed a late lunch at Bay Bistro (yum) and that night was the Cinco de Mayo celebration on the docks in Turtle Cove. A great turnout and lots of fun!!

On Day 8 during my morning walk I found a beautiful starfish heading into shore and not 10 feet away a HUGE conch as well which was the 1st conch I have ever found near shore on GB so we got some good shots of both. After more time on the beach snorkeling and watching our friend the barracuda hanging out by the ropes at the Sands most of the day.... I enjoyed a couple of services at the Regent Palms Spa. I may have got them confused -was I supposed to try the Regent Grand? I couldn't remember which one was supposed to be the 'best of the best' but it was lovely and very tranquil. Great Aromatherapy Massage and Sun Soother treatment and although it was expensive and I was surprised that the spa was actually across the parking lot...it was pampering that I thoroughly enjoyed. I am eager to try the spa at Pointe Grace next time. That night we dined at the Bay Bistro and as usual they didn't disappoint...BB has always been one of my favourite restaurants on Provo. A great spot for stunning sunset photos too !!

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,705 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Apr 28th-May 8th-still long LoL Part 2

Great detailed Report, thanks for posting. What are your husbands thoughts of Provo? Is he Hooked?

Do you have pictures to share?

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Apr 28th-May 8th-still long LoL Part 2

Regent Palms is the spa most recommended. We have looked at others on Provo and so far none even come close. It's very soothing and now one of our "always-do's" when we are in Provo.

Parrot Cay's spa is amazing. If you ever want a total splurge/treat head over to Parrot Cay for a day for spa services. Yummy.

Peachland, Canada
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report Apr 28th-May 8th-still long LoL Part 2

Thks..

Oh he is TOTALLY hooked as you will read in my last installment LOL

There are pics but it will be a bit before they are up.

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,436 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report Apr 28th-May 8th-still long LoL Part 2

Provodreams.........I TOTALLY understand your opinion of The Somerset!

It is IMO the most beautiful resort with the architecture, pools, and suites.

And the 2 restaurants are not too shaby either!

Mike

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report Apr 28th-May 8th-still long LoL Part 2

I also agree that the common areas of The Somerset have a more warm, welcoming feel. With all the white exterior, WBC comes off as a bit stark.

Like so many great resorts and destinations, we enjoyed them both, but for different reasons.

Great report.

6. Re: Trip Report Apr 28th-May 8th-still long LoL Part 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2010, 08:16