We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving tomrrow and just had a quick question

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Leaving tomrrow and just had a quick question

It's been a long time coming, and my third trip to provo. I wanted to try and make it over to middle caicos this time around. I've done some research on the forum, and I have to see mudjin harbor now!

I'm a little cautious of heading out to remote areas now after hearing some unfortunate events. The first time we vistied Provo, I drove to a place called bonefish point?? I can't remember what it's called but the turn off was just before Malcolm's beach rd, and approx 15min drive on a empty constructed dirt road. It was completely remote, and did run into 1 couple fishing. We walked back to the cars together, and I did see 1 guy peaking around our car and the beach. Thinking about it now, we were probably fortunate to have not been robbed.

I dont' want to put myself in unsafe territories, and I do understand crime can happen anywhere. Are the remote beaches of Middle caicos beaches pretty safe to visit? I want to see some of the suggested places, which I have found to be a little remote. I will be leaving my wife and child at the hotel, and explore North and Middle Caicos with just my brother.

Just like alot of the people on this forum, I love the beaches of TCI. I also have an interest in photography so I'll be taking my SLR. Any suggestions on must see places on middle and North Caicos? I'm also assuming you can drive from North to middle Caicos?

Thanks again!

Thanks again!

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,902 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving tomrrow and just had a quick question

The robberies have been happening at the remote areas of Provo (Bonefish Point and in the past at Malcolm's Road Beach) and not on North and Middle Caicos. I guess there is no 100% guarantee, but I wouldn't let it bother you.

You drive over the causeway from North Caicos to Middle Caicos that was damaged during the hurricanes in 2008 but is still very passable by car.

In addition to Mudjin Harbor which is accessed at The Blue Horizon Resort, go see Bambarra Beach, eat lunch at Daniel's Cafe in Conch Bar, stop at the Indian Caves, all on Middle.

On North you could go see Wade Green Plantation ruins, Whitby Beach, and Three Mary Cays if you have time.

Enjoy your trip, and please post the picture when you get back!

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,902 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving tomrrow and just had a quick question

There is a great description of how to do the daytrip in Wherewhenhow that is online here:

www.virtualonlineeditions.com/publication/…

The article starts on page 134.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving tomrrow and just had a quick question

One option would be to explore by boat w/ a local captian, very safe and very informative. Max on Grace Bay beach can hook you up. We went in late April with Captain SurarRay. He has a 21 foot skiff with a 200hp engine and can get you to North and Middle Caicos beaches in no time. The nice thing is you can set the agenda and he will take you wherever you want to go, and he knows all the inide information on the Islands history, politics and gossip.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving tomrrow and just had a quick question

Thanks for all the great information! I will plan out my trip as soon as I get to the island.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
243 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving tomrrow and just had a quick question

We also enjoyed Horsestable Beach on North. Be sure and pull over by Bottlecreek Pass if you enjoy photography. The water is amazing there and the views are sweeping (its right before you get to the causeway between the two islands). Three Mary Cays is a stunning beach and worth the hassle to get to it (plan on spending some time getting lost trying to find it...). I went with my SO and while the beaches are very remote, we felt totally safe everywhere on North and Middle. We got lost every 20 minutes and stopped for directions and everyone was very helpful!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaving tomrrow and just had a quick question

Awesome! Thank you for all the helpful tips!

7. Re: Leaving tomrrow and just had a quick question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2010, 07:19