We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Boat Tours

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
11 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Private Boat Tours

The Beluga with Captain Tim or Ocean Outback with Captain Bill? They both come highly rated.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Boat Tours

Both of them are great.

Beluga is a sailing catamaran and Cap Bill usually is a motor type boat.

It would depend on what you are looking for.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
11 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Boat Tours

We want the best snorkeling and I prefer not to touch anything on the bottom (not too shallow of water). Hoping toddler can float on blow up matress and experience some of the fish with us (he does wear a mask but doesn't do snorkel). I'm the only one in the group that's "chicken" so although the best snorkeling is what we hope for, I don't want to run into eels, sharks or other "scary" forms of sealife. I know this maybe imposssible, but trying to prevent heart failure in the ocean! :)

From the posts, it doesn't look like there is much from going if we wade out from the beach (we are staying at the Windsong). Great beach play though. :) Perhaps we'll try both Captains as it seems their experiences will differ with boats and possibly locations.

I get extremely sea sick so will just take medicine beforehand.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
243 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Boat Tours

We went with Capt. Bill and highly recommend him. He took us where we wanted, showed us some things were didn't know about and gave us some great history on the island. He also cracked us up the whole time! Very personable and fun. Not a lot of bells and whistles (no rum punch or conch salad), but he did exactly what we asked him to and gave us a great price.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Boat Tours

I do the SNUBA on the Bight Reef and I am located at the Windsong Resort. Our reef is one of the best reefs around to snorkel. I think the Windsong website still has the movie that I took of the reef. Take a look.

5. Re: Private Boat Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2010, 06:20