We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Del Mar ok for a female solo traveller (25-34)?

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
14 posts
Save Topic
Villa Del Mar ok for a female solo traveller (25-34)?

Hi,

I am thinking of travelling to Turks and Caicos next week and staying at Villa Del Mar, which seems affordable but also getting good reviews on Trip Advisor.

Is this hotel (and Turks in General) ok for a solo traveller? I am not looking to party hardy...I am going to relax and enjoy the beach mainly, but I dont mind some social interaction once in a while...

Thanks

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,865 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Del Mar ok for a female solo traveller (25-34)?

VDM is a safe resort, and you will be comfortable there. They have security onsite at night.

TCI is generally safe, especially in the resort area where you will be. I would stick to resort bars such as at Grace Bay Club which is across a service road from VDM.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Del Mar ok for a female solo traveller (25-34)?

Hi,

As long as you take the standard precautions, you'll be fine. I have never felt at all unsafe in Provo.

I'd say you could probably venture off-resort and be fine on your own too. Just use your common sense.

Have fun!

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,681 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Del Mar ok for a female solo traveller (25-34)?

I stayed there with my 8 year old daughter and felt very safe. They have an out side hallway door you can lock as well as your condo unit door. Ask for a second floor or higher.

You will love Villa del Mar, it's also within walking distance to many shops and restaurants.

Have fun

Toronto
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Del Mar ok for a female solo traveller (25-34)?

Wow thanks for the feedback ladies...I am a pretty independent chic, but this is the first time I will be doing a resort by myself, so I am a little nervous about feeling lonely or isolated or not having anything to do you know what I mean?

I hear the beach is to die for, but even if there are a few other things that I can do, that is good enough.

United States
Level Contributor
458 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Del Mar ok for a female solo traveller (25-34)?

As you may know, Villa Del Mar is not on the beach. There are so many great hotels that are. Check out Sands and Windsong.

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Del Mar ok for a female solo traveller (25-34)?

Villa Del Mar is tremendous. While it isn't directly on the beach it is as close as a garden room at a beachfront property. It's position is excellent. & feels more like a private condo than a hotel or resort.

I would feel comfortable going there alone. You have chosen very well.

Toronto
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Del Mar ok for a female solo traveller (25-34)?

Thank you all....looking forward to my trip now :)

Annapolis
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa Del Mar ok for a female solo traveller (25-34)?

I'll add my agreement to all the other comments. I stayed at VDM with my mom and daughter in March and loved it. If you don't want to be out late at night you can dine either at the Ocean Club West or Grace Bay Club, which are literally across the street from VDM. Enjoy!

9. Re: Villa Del Mar ok for a female solo traveller (25-34)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2010, 05:18