We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in July

boston
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants in July

As I put away my last pile of books and files ....a teacher on summer vacation, yippeee!....I am thinking about our first trip to Turks and Caicos In July. I have a folder growing with all my notes and copied postings--thanks to all of you here!

Just wondering if we need to make reservations before we get there? We definitely want to do the Tuesday night barbeque at the Somerset. ( We are a family of 4 with two older children--24 and 14. )

Anyone have a favorite place we just shouldn't miss?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
211 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in July

We'll be there too for the first time in July. I too have read tons of reviews, etc. From what I read these places don't require reservations, unless I'm mistaken. We will be staying at WBC for eight nights.

Here is what I think is our restaurant plan: Atlantic Bar & Grill (the night we get there), Yoshi's (or another sushi place?), Mango Reef, Coco Bistro, Somewhere, and Tiki Hut. That leaves two more nights to chose from the best of places we've visited.

Breakfast is included in our stay at WBC and I'll make lunch at our hotel.

Anyone with any recommendations for change or omissions?

Thanks!

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in July

Places we always visit while on Provo are da Conch Shack, laid back place right on the beach with killer rum punch and the freshest conch you can get. As mentioned in previous post Mango Reef at the Royal West Indies Resort. For Italian we like Baci in Turtle Cove area.

In my opinion I think it's best to make a reservation as you can get a better table if you plan in advance. We usually have the front desk at our resort make our reservations.

Edited: 23 June 2010, 23:54
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
243 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in July

We loved Sharkbite - inexpensive and the grouper sandwiches were great. Las Brisas (Chalk Sound) was our favorite - great atmosphere and food. Enjoy!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,226 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in July

For a fantastic view of Grace Bay while you dine, check out Bay Bistro at Sibonne. I never get tired of the view or the food. Have a great trip! I love T&C in July. I'm jealous :-)

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
7,577 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in July

IMO....once you arrive on island have your concierge make rservations for you (esp. for a night specific event like The Somerset Tuesday night barbeque). You will love it with NADA and the setting.

Also, certain restaurants are closed specific evenings and making a reservation request - you will not arrivto a closed restaurant.

And....we have been in July many times and love it then!

Have a great time!

Mike

boston
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in July

Wow thanks everyone. Yes so many to try.....my family will be looking to me for recommendations from here! We always use the forums for our picks!!

Yes we want to try Da Conch Shack for fun, La Brisas probably for a lunch..although we are thinking breakfast in the condo, lunch in or on the beach somewhere... We usually play hard all day having fun and then hit a restaurant for dinner and some special drinks!

I would like to try Coco Bistro hmmm or Bay Bistro. So many choices!!

We always take our big trip in the summer and hopefully July will be storm free. Can't wait for discovering a new place!

NC
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in July

We have been going to the Turks for about 12 years and we LOVE Bella Luna. The owner "Cosmo" is very friendly and very accomodating. Most nights he will serve homemade FRESH nocchi and it's delicious! If you don't mind the calories try it with the cream sauce....so good!

8. Re: Restaurants in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2010, 08:49