We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Windsong vs. Seven Star for Fam of 4 with 4 & 10 yr old boys

New York
Level Contributor
488 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Windsong vs. Seven Star for Fam of 4 with 4 & 10 yr old boys

Looking at these two resorts for a weeks vacation next Easter 2011 (4/24-4/30/2011). I believe both have Kids Clubs. Which property has the better location (near supermarket, restaurants)? We all love to snorkel. Most likely would get a 1 bd room suite with boys sleeping on pullout sofa. Which has the nicer rooms, nicer pool?

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Windsong vs. Seven Star for Fam of 4 with 4 & 10 yr old boys

Seven Stars is in a far better location in my opinion. Walking distance to several restaurantsand shops. More importantly, the beachfront at Seven Stars is far superior to that in front of Windong which is very narrow and more congested with foot traffic of snorkelers. The only plus that Windsong has is that it fronts the coral reef, so if you wanted to snorkel daily from the beach it might be a better bet. For me, hands down, Seven Stars would win.

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,575 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Windsong vs. Seven Star for Fam of 4 with 4 & 10 yr old boys

I've not stayed at either property, but have seen them both. In regards to location the Graceway Gourmet is within walking distance to Seven Stars as are several resaturants.

If it's a snorkeling location you're looking for then Windsong has Bight Reef right out in front of it.

New York
Level Contributor
488 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Windsong vs. Seven Star for Fam of 4 with 4 & 10 yr old boys

Thank you both for the responses, tough choice, but will also see who has the better rates deals...

Palmdale, California
Level Contributor
450 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Windsong vs. Seven Star for Fam of 4 with 4 & 10 yr old boys

We stayed at the Windsong a few weeks ago and we had the one bedroom ocean front suite which is 1'600 sq ft and beautifully furnished, would be plenty of room for 4. Everything looks brand new and clean. While the beach is a little narrower and others do come to snorkel we never felt crowded plus your little ones might meet some new playmates. The pool, beach and resort are all very close together which is nice in case you need to return to your room for any reason. I think you would be hard pressed to find nicer rooms or a better snorkeling area, however, if location is more important, there are only a couple of restaurants that I would consider within walking distance and the supermarket would be much too far to walk. Good luck and enjoy your trip

Irving
Level Contributor
52 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Windsong vs. Seven Star for Fam of 4 with 4 & 10 yr old boys

We stayed at Seven Stars a couple of years ago and loved it. Rooms were very nice, the pool was great, and the service was impeccable. And I would agree with the others here regarding the beach. The beach is perfect at Seven Stars. I don't recall there being any kid-related activities there, though. In fact, I don't recall seeing any kids there period. Maybe it has changed since then.

If you want, send me your e-mail address and I can forward a photo gallery from our trip that includes lots of photos of the hotel. My e-mail address is txrangerfan7@yahoo.com. Don't expect a quick response, though. We leave for T&C tomorrow morning!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,302 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Windsong vs. Seven Star for Fam of 4 with 4 & 10 yr old boys

I've stayed at both, both are really nice. Both have trade-offs

Seven Stars, a LOT more expensive, central location so walking to shops and restaurants and supermarket. You really need a car to go snorkel. Luxurious rooms, really nice pool, own spa, pretty big resort. No service on the beach, but beach bar and pool bar.

Windsong, smaller resort, right in front of excellent reef, SNUBA , really luxurious for the money. Narrower beach than 7 Stars, but when compared to other islands still better! You'd want a car to explore and get around, but they also have a driver to take you and pick you up from restaurants (complimentary) Service on the beach, but restaurant is very casual. The corner oceanfront rooms are amazing, walls of windows open up to seem like your living room is outside.

tough choice!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Windsong vs. Seven Star for Fam of 4 with 4 & 10 yr old boys

IMO, the best part about staying near the reef is it's nice to go for a quick snorkel whenever you get the urge. We probably swim laps around the reef, two to three times each day while vacationing.

Also, if you rent a car, you'll take the restaurants / groceries transportation issue off the table -- one less thing to have to organize while on vacation. Decide where you need to go, and just go.

Just more food for thought.

New York
Level Contributor
488 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Windsong vs. Seven Star for Fam of 4 with 4 & 10 yr old boys

Thanks so much for your responses, very very helpful!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Windsong vs. Seven Star for Fam of 4 with 4 & 10 yr old boys

"Decide where you need to go, and just go."

Yikes! That didn't sound right. :-o

What I meant to say was by having your own car, you don't have to plan ahead for your daily transporation needs -- just get in the car and go.

Let us know what you decide. The TCI is a terrific family vacation destination, no matter where you choose to stay.

Edited: 09 July 2010, 20:30
10. Re: Windsong vs. Seven Star for Fam of 4 with 4 & 10 yr old boys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2011, 05:18