We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packing list tips?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
119 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Packing list tips?

Hello,

Any packing tips for our trip next week? First time to T&C!

Thanks!

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,349 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Packing list tips?

Half the clothes | twice the money!

charlotte, nc
Level Contributor
85 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Packing list tips?

couple of items we found very useful compliments of TA's

collapable cooler

insulated drink mugs (bigger the better)

cheap blow up floats for ocean

zip loc bags (various sizes)

dish sponge (if you have a kitchen or kitchenette)

waterproof billfold or some type of container to keep a couple bucks, credit card and ID dry on the beach

I'm sure there are others but we found these beneficial.

Enjoy the trip!!!

Manistee, Michigan
Level Contributor
292 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Packing list tips?

Bring lots of sunscreen. You are in the water so much that you have to keep reapplying it. You don't want to have to buy it there. Also, we wish we would have brought insulated drink glasses. Our group must have spent at least $50 on ice during 11 days. God forbid your drink should go warm while sitting on the beach.

Edited: 05 November 2010, 17:52
London, Canada
Level Contributor
201 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Packing list tips?

I'd suggest you do a search on this forum for packing tips. There are lots of great ones.

I always recommend a wide brimmed hat that ties on and good waterPROOF sunscreen. And Insulated drink covers or mugs. Rash guards are great for snorkelling. Leave your fancy clothes at home.

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,349 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Packing list tips?

Do they make umbrella hats that tie on? Might be good for the next few days.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
243 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Packing list tips?

The UV shirts are great - you can be out all day and not worry about your upper arms or shoulders getting burned. Also it helps carrying a 1 gallon jug of water so you can rinse off the sand from your feet before you put your shoes back on. We also brought our own snorkel gear so we didn't have to use the nasty masks/snorkels they hand out.... Have a great time!

Level Contributor
2,040 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Packing list tips?

Some tips we have passed along is to pack some of your favorite snacks and if you will have a kitchen you can bring most food items like coffee, cereal, and some even brought frozen food like meats, as long as they are in your checked in luggage and no fresh fruit or veggies. These can be very expensive as everything is flown in on the island. We ate breakfast on our balcony and a couple lunches in our suite and ate out for dinner. We don't drink but you can buy liquer duty free at most airports and are allowed two in your carry on.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Packing list tips?

Maybe even some bug spray also since we should get some rain out of this hurricane.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
385 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Packing list tips?

I will second the bug spray. I have never taken any with me before and I should have. I had bites all around my ankles. I will be taking some this December.

I got bit and my husband did not.

I will be bringing coffee, salt and pepper, sugar packets, foil, baggies etc. Also a few bounce sheets. I used them in the dryer when my clothes were a little wrinkled from being in my suitcase. Works great.

I am still considering bringing steaks.??

Have a great trip.

Michigan
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Packing list tips?

Wondering if anyone knows if Alexandra Resort supplies coffee? Trying to keep packing to a min. Also we like to bring microwave popcorn....easily fits just about anywhere.