We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We here at RWI since Saturday mini report

Gloucester...
Level Contributor
340 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
We here at RWI since Saturday mini report

Flight down from Boston thru Miami no problem. All bags made it.

Upgraded to actual ocean view and views of the hot tub etc. Ni9ce surprise. 4th stay maybe helped.

First diinner at Pelican Bay. Lobster tail excellent and wifes snapper I think it was just as good. Service was very good considering they have been open for one week. Relieved.

All days have been spectacular since, nock on wood. Good wind for kiteboarding at Long Bay.

2nd dinner at Bay Bistro was excellent too. Princess Conck app and I had an excellent protion of a herb crusted grouper that was delicious. Can't remember wifes dish. Service friendly and timely, very happy.+

Tried Gransvort last night but NO ONE at their beach bar. Wife doesn't like dinning alone, went to Aqua II and had a 9oz lobsters tails for $ 25. each. Wow what a deal.

Tonite figure on Magnolias.

So happy to be back here.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We here at RWI since Saturday mini report

Glad to hear the weather is cooperating and that you are having a good time!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: We here at RWI since Saturday mini report

Thanks for the update.

So, the former Aqua has reopened as "Aqua II?"

New York
Level Contributor
716 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We here at RWI since Saturday mini report

Glad it is good!

Views of the hot tub at RWI? I stayed there, loved it Where was the hot tub?

Also, where is Aqua II?

We're arriving tomorrow!

new jersey
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: We here at RWI since Saturday mini report

I'm guessing wind has been good for kite boarding but based on webcams there is absolutely no one in the water at grace bay and barely anyone walking the beach-now 4 weeks running

I'm jealous, kite boarding is one thing I've always wanted to learn that I simply don't seem capable of.

ny
Level Contributor
376 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We here at RWI since Saturday mini report

Just wondering why no one is walking the beach. I understand the water may be cold and wavy recently but why would that impact the walkers? Thanks.

Northern VA
Level Contributor
76 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We here at RWI since Saturday mini report

This is our first time in Provo so we do not have a frame of reference, but the island seems to be strangely devoid of tourists for this time of year. Other than Beaches we saw very few people either on the beach or in the water on a late morning run from Turtle Cove to Sibonne. Have been to Horse-Eyed Jacks, Calico Jacks, and Magnolias for dinner......... none were even a quarter full. Da Conch Shack was somewhat busy earlier today, and we are hoping to see a better crowd at the Lobster Beach BBQ at Somerset tonight.

Wind has no doubt been great for kiteboarding and sailing. Not so great for snorkeling and swimming (choppy seas and pretty strong current). However, for sitting on the beach during the day it has been fantastic..... about 95% sunny, almost no humidity and very pleasant temps.

All that said, the very quiet Provo has been very relaxing a a great way to decompress. We like quiet relaxation most of the time, but it is nice to have a bit more lively atmosphere at happy hour and dinner. Will post a better trip report a little later this week.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: We here at RWI since Saturday mini report

"All that said, the very quiet Provo has been very relaxing a a great way to decompress."

It's not for everyone, but that's what many of us love about it.

Enjoy. :-)

Palmdale, California
Level Contributor
450 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We here at RWI since Saturday mini report

Amen to that Carib Desi, there is something about this place that lives on in your soul long after you have left and you just simply can't stop thinking about it, maybe it is the peacefulness and the ability to "decompress" in such beautiful surroundings. IMO there is no place quite like it.

Milltown, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We here at RWI since Saturday mini report

NYTraveler, The hot tub at RWI is by the pool in the back and Aqua is in Turtle Cove.

Gloucester...
Level Contributor
340 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We here at RWI since Saturday mini report

Actually there is plenty of swimming going on around RWI and the the Hobies are out. All water sports at Club Med in full swing.

Aqua II is at Turtle Cove and yes open. $ 25.00 lobster tails ! Dinner last night at Caicos Cafe with new owners terrific. Fasted service anywhere and delicious lamb chops and cracked conch.

Last day of wind for a bit I guess. Weather a little TCI clouds with a slight shower here and there but no biggie.

Regent cam is misleading, water wonderful. Some great body surfing at hight tide yesterday.

Dinn