We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what's with all the bad Beaches T & C reviews?

Toronto
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
what's with all the bad Beaches T & C reviews?

My husband and almost 2 year old are going to Beaches at the start of March and I am soooo excited...except i keep reading all these recent terrible reviews (i know, i know, i should just stop checking the reviews now that we have booked) i am kind of panicking a bit. this vacation is not cheap - we chose beaches so that our daughter could have fun and we could have some relaxation time before baby #2 comes at the end of June. i just don't understand how the reviews can be so wildly different! one person says it's the best vacation they have ever had while another says they would have prefered to stay at the airport (!!?)

oh dear. We are not overly critical or picky folks...esp when it comes to things like food etc. The beach looks amazing, the kids club looks good and seems like there are a lot of fun things to do very everyone. are some people just complainers or are we in for disappointment for some reason i have not yet figured out?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
977 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what's with all the bad Beaches T & C reviews?

WE loved BEaches...we were there last May and booked again for this May. I have been surprised by the mix of reviews. I feel I am super picky about food. We have done AI's in Mexico and the Dominican Republic and I always hate the food and end of very sick. We were so surprised at how good everything was! It seemed to us that it met more of the standards of places in the US...when we were in Mexico a hot dog was not the same as it is at home...strange! I really wouldn't worry! I stressed over which village to stay in because of the negative reviews of the Carb. Village but we actually loved our room. I won't lie it is a bit dated but very clean, no musty smells. The only meal we didn't care for was at Reflections...the buffet was very small! Enjoy!

western ny
Level Contributor
33 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what's with all the bad Beaches T & C reviews?

I'm curious and nervous as well as we're planning to book Beaches TC in early June. We've never been to a Beaches/ Sandals resort but heard many great things about them. I'm seeing mixed reviews at both ends of the spectrum and a little bit anxious about booking in Caribbean village.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what's with all the bad Beaches T & C reviews?

Try to take all reviews with a grain of salt. We stayed at Beaches in 2004 when our daughter was 15 and we had a nice vacation (who wouldn't in paradise??) but wouldn't stay there again. Not because of anything to do with food, lodging, service - because all were great. It was just because the resort wasn't a "vibe" fit for any of us - but we didn't like Disney World either. :) Take a deep breath, relax and go and enjoy your vacation!

california
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what's with all the bad Beaches T & C reviews?

We would go back in a heartbeat. Most amazing vacation ever. Make it a point to take your 2yr old to Sappodilla Bay. I would love to take my niece there. It is a prefect warm, no wave, no people beach. Very quiet and secluded. Loved it. Enjoy your trip and if you have any questions......ask away.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: what's with all the bad Beaches T & C reviews?

And don't forget all the "Heaven on earth" reviews.

As I've said many, many times before, the so-called "reviews" section of TripAdvisor is NOT a good source for unbiased information and opinions.

I'm sorry, but there's just too much opportunity for mischief from rental property owners, resort marketing departments, general manager's offices, etc, with these so-called "reviews." Just take a look at all the one-time or two-time posts -- sorry, but most of us didn't just fall off the "turnip truck."

Beaches Resort is a nice property that has always offered the type of vacation prefered by the majority its guests. Grace Bay is gorgeous.

Relax, and enjoy. :-)

BTW, I suggest you take a look at Fodors.com, Frommers.com, and AAA.com for reasonable reviews, written by travel professionals. At least, that's been our best experience.

Edited: 12 January 2011, 03:27
Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what's with all the bad Beaches T & C reviews?

Go have a good time. Many people love Beaches for the exact reason you chose the resort.

The comment "I would rather stay at the airport" is so absurd that it doesn't deserve consideration.

I have never stayed there, but I've been on this forum long enough to know that a lot of people love Beaches. If you want the kid thing, the ease of an AI, and an awesome beach, you're done. Now fun.

Marblehead...
Level Contributor
297 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what's with all the bad Beaches T & C reviews?

I think a lot of people get turned off by Beaches because it's so crowded, compared to anywhere else on the island, and kind of crazy because of all the kids running around. It's the loudest and busiest part of Grace Bay. If your someone staying anywhere else on the island and you happen to walk the beach and go through Beaches, the first thing that pops into peoples heads is "thank God where not staying there". That being said, if your all about making your kids happy and blowing their mind, and making sure that THEY have the best vacation, Beaches is the place to go. It's a kid friendly family vacation resort, expect lots of kids. Just like at Chucky Cheeses. :)

toronto
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: what's with all the bad Beaches T & C reviews?

Hi

Does anyone have any pictures of a room in the CARIBBEAN village....now I am a bit nervous also after reading the past reviews....we want to book the Caribean Village with (2 double beds) rather than the French Village because we want to be near the beach for our 7 and 8 year old kids and the Italian is a little steep in price.

PLEASE anyone with picturesof the CARRIBEAN village with 2 double beds.

Thank you

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,312 posts
641 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what's with all the bad Beaches T & C reviews?

Have to agree with dashnj about the airport comment......Beaches is great resort on a fabulous beach. We have had some minor issues, but not enough to not return. Having stayed at resorts at various Caribbean islands, I have seen good and bad reviews for all of the resorts.

Enjoy your stay!!!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
78 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: what's with all the bad Beaches T & C reviews?

We have been to Beaches T&C twice and are saving for a 3rd! It is our idea of the PERFECT vacation. We have a 4 and 5 year old. IT WAS PERFECT. Our kids ask us EVERYDAY if they can go back, "Mommy can we go to Turks and Caicos for my good report card?" "Mommy can we go to Turks and Caicos for our Friday treat?" "Mommy can we go to Turks and Caicos for my birthday?"

LOL You get the point!

We are also Disney fanatics and have been 4 times...

Everyone has their idea of a "perfect" vacay and some people are impossible to please.