We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 star kid friendly hotel recommendations!

New York,ny
Level Contributor
537 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
5 star kid friendly hotel recommendations!

HI,

We are planning a family trip for Christmas week of 2011 with our then 3 1/2 year old and a 9 month old as well as my sister and her husband and my parents. Wondering what luxury hotels are family friendly...kids amenities....Would love some recommendations!

Thanks!

Center Valley...
Level Contributor
77 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 star kid friendly hotel recommendations!

I have been to Turks 5 times and always have had kids with me....I have never found any of the resorts we have stayed at not to be kid friendly...We have stayed at Ocean Club West twice (it is a little more price friendly and therefore you find more families stay there)....We have also stayed at Alexandra Resort (pretty quiet but kid friendly and casual), the Somerset (when we stayed at Somerset there were not many families there, it is a beautiful resort but I found it to be more couples), and Seven Stars....I love Seven Stars for kids they also have a kids program and the grocery store is right across the street....We are going back to Seven Stars this March with our now 5 kids in March including a 2 mo. old.

I have also used a nanny service a few times while on the island arranged by the hotel and have always been extreamly happy with the care provided to my children while my husband and I were able to have a quiet night out for dinner....I think Turks is the perfect place for a family vacation....all the resorts are condo type hotels with kitchens and washers and dryers (or most of them), the location is great and the water is usually very calm and wonderful.....

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,311 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 star kid friendly hotel recommendations!

Any property that has a zero entry pool would be a great option for your young children when not at the beach.

Regent Palms and The Somerset would fit this bill.

Mike

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,697 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 star kid friendly hotel recommendations!

AAA just came out with their list of five star hotels. No resort on Turks and Caicos was on the list. Grace Bay has some beautiful high end condos, some with a kids club, and beach service.

Take a look at

www.thesomerset.com

www.gracebayclub.com

www.verandatci.com ( all Inclusive)

www.theregentexperience.com

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 star kid friendly hotel recommendations!

Don't take the AAA ratings the wrong way -- there has never been a resort in the TCI that carried a 5-diamond rating, and very few in the entire Caribbean for that matter.

Still, these are all very nice, high-end resort properties -- they just don't offer the required five-diamond services and amenities such as 24-hour valet parking, or 24-hour room service.

Edited: 16 January 2011, 16:51
Toronto
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 star kid friendly hotel recommendations!

We are going to Beaches in March because we heard/read that it was great for kids. we have a daughter who will be 23 months when we go. it has a kids club for her age group. it's 4 star but if you have the $ you can always stay in a fancy suite in the new italian village and get butler service which i hear is fantastic.... book early - we booked in december for March and the room pickins' were slim already.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 star kid friendly hotel recommendations!

Here's a link to the current lists of Forbes (formerly Mobile) Travel Guide's listings of all Four and Five Star hotels and resorts. This is the publication that created the Star rating system, a half-century ago. As you can see, they don't even rate hotels and resorts in the tropics and Caribbean, so if someone says they're a "four or five-star hotel," it's always best to ask, "According to who?"

forbestravelguide.com/star-awards-2011.htm

AAA does rate in the tropics, and currently awards the Four Diamond designation to Grace Bay Club, Point Grace, Regent Palms, and Parrot Cay, but that's all.

www.aaa.com

Southeastern PA
Level Contributor
438 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 star kid friendly hotel recommendations!

Desi, you are the Alton Brown of this board. (and he is a rock star in my book.) I love your scientific and knowledgeable approach to things.

8. Re: 5 star kid friendly hotel recommendations!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2012, 06:22