We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jelly Fish

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jelly Fish

Are there alot of jelly fish in the waters of Grace Bay in July?

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jelly Fish

I'll be watching this...wondering about May too but haven't seen anything posted about jellies. Wondering if I should pack my Safe Sea jellyfish protective lotion.

Level Contributor
66 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jelly Fish

Anyone know for November?

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
3,837 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jelly Fish

Not normally a problem.

USA
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Jelly Fish

@ get away from it all -- Keep us posted when u return from ur may trip.

Edited: 13 April 2011, 01:37
Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Jelly Fish

In 10 trips I have seen jelly's twice. Once they were Man O' War (dead on the beach only) and were blown in by a storm and once they were Thimbles. The Thimbles you can see from a mile becasue they travel in swarms. If they are here today, they will be gone tomorrow.

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jelly Fish

middvillmom

@ get away from it all -- Keep us posted when u return from ur

I promise to do a trip report...but it may be a little long...I can be chatty...I'm sure I'll have a lot to write about. We did see jellies once in May on Grand Cayman...and once on St. Lucia in late April..I was not bothered..but hubby has a couple of issues...not bad though. My Safe Sea is definetly going to be packed. Certainly not really worried about jellies...I'd rather be there than here. :-)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
63 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jelly Fish

we did a snorkel trip to french caye and I saw about 5 or 6 jelly fish. They were the small clear kind...im not sure what they are called though. The guide said not to worry about them so I didn't. He said they are only a nuisance at the worst. I didn't see any at smith reef or coral gardens, but then again the water there wasn't nearly as clear there as it was at french caye. I visited in march this year.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Jelly Fish

Thimble jelly fish were just here. This is the time they come in and then they are gone until next year. Man o war only come in when there is a big storm from the northern direction. Do not worry.

Montreal, Quebec
Level Contributor
132 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jelly Fish

That is great to read Snubagirl... I guess since you seem to be in the water a lot (I read about snuba, looks real cool) you must know pretty much about the thimble jelly fish... I plan on going to Provo Mid-May and I was a little worried about those thimble jelly fish, since they are pretty hard to see and I read that May was their favourite time of the year. So you say they've already passed in April?

You've made my day!!

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Jelly Fish

Most of the time you can see them. They do look like thimbles and they are pulsing. Don't worry or jinx me that they will come back. Right now I am ichy enough and glad they are gone.