We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving in three days- Restaurants/Reserv, Snorkeling, Money

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
4 posts
Save Topic
Leaving in three days- Restaurants/Reserv, Snorkeling, Money

Leaving for Turks and Caicos Thursday morning and staying for 4 nights. Just myself and my wife, staying at Seven Star Resorts. Do we need to make reservations for restaurants in advance of getting down there? Saw many suggestions for restaurants, never saw mention of the Italian right across from Seven Stars- Bella Luna. Has anyone ever gone there? I see Coco Bistro and Bay Bistro mentioned alot. We like all types of food- Steak, Seafood, Chicken. Any ideas on a good snorkeling trip? See some comments on Snuba but did not get a definitive feel for the best snorkeling. Also, I believe US dollars preferred based on a post I saw is that correct? Sounds like there is a grocery store across the street. Anything else I need to know.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving in three days- Restaurants/Reserv, Snorkeling, Money

Make a reservation in advance at Coco Bistro and Bay Bistro and O'soleil if you are going -

Great food at all three!

Peachland, Canada
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving in three days- Restaurants/Reserv, Snorkeling, Money

Yes it's US dollars and the Graceway Gourmet is only 5 min walk from SS.

Definitely make reservations for Bay Bistro and Coco Bistro so you can be assured of getting in...they are sooo good !!

Have fun !!!

ny
Level Contributor
84 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving in three days- Restaurants/Reserv, Snorkeling, Money

We'll be there on Friday. Also staying at Seven Stars.

Concord, North...
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving in three days- Restaurants/Reserv, Snorkeling, Money

You can try Baci for Italian ... Its down in Turtle Cove but very good food in an open air restaurant that sits on the harbor...

Snorkling....Did you want an excursion or just off the beach? Big Blue does an awesome excursion to the south side of the island (Molasses Reef and French Cay) the ride out is beautiful and you see larger and more diverse sea life.... Caicos Dream tour and island vibes do an island hoping snorkling tour so all depends on what you are looking for.

Jodi owner of snuba ...should have her boat in a few weeks ..shell be doing a snuba excursion

out near west caicos and also at bight reef in front of coral gardens

Hope this helps

New York
Level Contributor
716 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving in three days- Restaurants/Reserv, Snorkeling, Money

Bella Luna is EXCELLENT. Here is a general rule I have and others can chime in. Some restaurants have great views and for that reason alone they attract guests. Their food may or may not be excellent. Some are great, i.e. Magnolia, Mango Reef. But, in my opinion, the restaurants that are not directly on the beach sometimes have the best food. After all, if they didn't why would anyone go? We go to Provo often and Bella Luna is my friends favorite. Go to it, you will enjoy it.

6. Re: Leaving in three days- Restaurants/Reserv, Snorkeling, Money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 08:21