We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Med and other Provo ??

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kitchener Ontario
Level Contributor
818 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Club Med and other Provo ??

Going to Club Med in 2 weeks. Can't wait to get away. 1st time at Club Med but have traveled a bit to other destinations. A few question in general :

1. What is provided in the fridge in the rooms ?

2. Do they serve Bailey's or something similar ?

3. Plan to attend the Catholic mass on Sunday. How expensive would the taxi ride be ?

4. Plan to visit the children's home. How much for taxi ride there.

Thanks all in advance

Lager

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Med and other Provo ??

lagerbeer....can't answer your questions, but what dates will you be there? We arrive on the 16th so I'm sure we'll run into one another. We leave on the 27th.

I think there is only water in the refrig. From what I've read they do not serve top shelf (don't know if Bailey's would be considered top shelf) but they do have better brands you can pay extra for.

You could always bring a bottle or two of Bailey's with you but I would worry about breakage. Have the taxi stop at a store for you when you're there. A little more costly but worth it not to have a lot of Bailey soaked clothing.

Kitchener Ontario
Level Contributor
818 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Med and other Provo ??

We leave on May 21st out of Toronto and return May 30th. Will definately be there same time.I'm sure we will meet once or twice at the bar or on the beach. I don't drink much Bailey's but like a little in my coffee so a large bottle will be too much.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,149 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Med and other Provo ??

I have had Baileys as an after dinner drink, so they do have it and no extra charge. Sorry, I can't help with the other distance/taxi questions. I believe the Deluxe rooms do get some additional items in the fridge, like soda and maybe beer, but can't say for sure because we've never gone for the Deluxe room. Non-deluxe (standard/garden, or whatever they call them) only get the water.

Kitchener Ontario
Level Contributor
818 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Med and other Provo ??

Thanks AmateurGO. I've read your "1st time guide" and provided alot of answers to questions I had. Just staying in a regular room but looking forward to the beach and sun. Oh ya, a few snorkelling trips inthere too.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Med and other Provo ??

Taxis can be very expensive. I am unsure how close the Catholic church is so I can not comment on that.

The childrens home is a long way away. It would cost around $40 and I would say that is one way.

Kitchener Ontario
Level Contributor
818 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Med and other Provo ??

Thanks for your reply. Is there a bus service that would be cheaper than a taxi ? Don't really want to rent a car for only a few places. We are planning a relaxing vacation on the beach for the most part.

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
3,888 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Club Med and other Provo ??

No bus service and I would advise you to stay out of the jitneys.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
252 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Club Med and other Provo ??

I know where the catholic church is but I don't know how expensive the ride would be, sorry.

I do want to say though, make sure that you check with the children's home before you just drop by, they have some new policies about anyone that comes into the home and I would hate for you to get all the way out there, thought the views are spectacular, and not be able to go in. Just FYI. Have a great time while you are here.

9. Re: Club Med and other Provo ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2012, 22:16