We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report week of 4/24-5/1- amazing beach!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
99 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report week of 4/24-5/1- amazing beach!

Grace bay is amazing! Let's keep it a secrect so it doesn't get too busy/crowded. :) Stayed at The Sands. Rated it a 4 on it's page, you can read that if interested, but it was a great choice for us. Had a great time doing SNUBA for the 1st time, Jodi is great! I highly recommend that. Grace Bay Club Infinity Bar, a nice choice for sunset, good apps and cocktails, 2 of 1 beers for the hubby. Our Mango Reef and Saltmill diner experiences were just OK, not great. Enjoyed Hemmingways, Somewhere(great for sunset), Danny Bouys, and Yoshi's. Turks Head beer, both the lager and amber were good:)

You've got to see the potcake puppies and hopefully make a donation. What a great program they have going. We brought supplies for them and offered to carry a puppy back for them, but the timing was off. Bought t-shirts and hats to help spread the word.

This was probably our favorite vacation, and we've been to a lot of tropical locations. This beach is amazing! You can see your feet in 6 foot deep water it is so clear. We found starfish and sand dollars in the sand, took some cute pics. Planned to rent a car for a few days, but decided we didn't really need it much since The Sands is pretty much the center of things. We did take a few $10 cab rides, no problem. Did the Pirate Cave Snorkeling BBQ lunch trip. The views were fabulous! Not great snorkeling, but the deserted beach we spent time at during the second half was incredible! We found a starfish as big as my head :) I highly recommend Provo, but we went the very beginning of the slow season, which helped make it a more quiet/relaxing time. Next time we'll have to go earlier so we can enjoy the lobster. Can't wait to visit again, soon!

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report week of 4/24-5/1- amazing beach!

Glad to hear you had fun and enjoyed Provo. Sounds like you may be a repeat offender.... : )

Western Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report week of 4/24-5/1- amazing beach!

Nice - thanks for sharing !

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
7,992 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report week of 4/24-5/1- amazing beach!

Glad that you had a great trip and enjoyed The Sands.

I think it is a very nice property with a good location and just has a nice mellow vibe.

When are you returning? LOL

( I know you caught "it".)

Mike

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,784 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report week of 4/24-5/1- amazing beach!

Glad you had a nice time - you are making me want to be there now! Welcome home!

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report week of 4/24-5/1- amazing beach!

Glad you had a good time. We love the beach at Grace Bay. We are counting the days until we are there again.

Have you started planning your return visit?

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report week of 4/24-5/1- amazing beach!

Thanks for your trip report. So glad to hear you had a wonderful time. We also enjoy staying at The Sands and love the location. That is great that you could help out the potcakes! Do you have any pictures to share?

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,112 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report week of 4/24-5/1- amazing beach!

pictures please!

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,725 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report week of 4/24-5/1- amazing beach!

So happy your enjoyed your trip....sounds wonderful.

Not much longer for us....I can hardly wait. Things are pretty much in order here. I've been anticipating this trip since January.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip report week of 4/24-5/1- amazing beach!

So glad you had a great time ... and yes- the cabs are not so expensive! Gigi

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip report week of 4/24-5/1- amazing beach!

Glad you had a wonderful time. Now it's time to start planning your return trip!