We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Odd Question - Eye Dr or Contacts store in Providenciales

Tuscaloosa, AL
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Odd Question - Eye Dr or Contacts store in Providenciales

I realized today that I am down to one extra contact and we are heading out to Turks and Caicos at the beginning of the week! I always seem to lose a couple of contacts at the beach, so I was wondering if anyone knows of a store to buy contacts in Providenciales? I have the regular Acuvue 2 type and figured I may need this as a back up. Thanks!

Provo
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Odd Question - Eye Dr or Contacts store in Providenciales

get them before you get here, you probably won't be able to find them (and if you do it will be sticker shock for sure.)

Providenciales
Level Contributor
427 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Odd Question - Eye Dr or Contacts store in Providenciales

Well, I'm not sure if they will have your prescription, but there are 2 eye docs...one in Grace Bay (next to the Pharmacy, behind Gourmet) and one down Leeward Highway in the Menzies Clinic complex.

Tuscaloosa, AL
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Odd Question - Eye Dr or Contacts store in Providenciales

Thanks for the replies! I couldn't make an appt at my eye dr at home in time and they wanted an appointment before they gave me another pair, argh.

I'll keep these in mind just in case. I have some glasses as a backup so no biggie if something does happen.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Odd Question - Eye Dr or Contacts store in Providenciales

jtwatson3606, enjoy your well-deserved vacation.

Our hearts and prayers go out to you and all the fine citizens of Tuscaloosa during these trying times. ;-)

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Odd Question - Eye Dr or Contacts store in Providenciales

Menzies eye clinic always has some on hand.

New York, New York
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Odd Question - Eye Dr or Contacts store in Providenciales

Ask your eye doctor if they will give you a trial pair to get you through until you get back from your trip. Go ahead and schedule an appointment with them as soon as you can go. They will be more likely to cooperate!

Southeastern PA
Level Contributor
460 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Odd Question - Eye Dr or Contacts store in Providenciales

Agree with ssweeney's advice- usually works for me if I'm due for the check-up but need a refill stat.

We'll be there Tuesday; see you on the beach! : )

8. Re: Odd Question - Eye Dr or Contacts store in Providenciales

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2012, 06:19