We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

get_away_from_it_all ... Club Med... how was it?!?

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
465 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
get_away_from_it_all ... Club Med... how was it?!?

Hi get_away_from_it_all:

I just came back to the forums to look for a forum post or review of your Club Med experience. How was it? Are you back? Are you there? We are heading down in a few months... any tips/advice?

You promised pictures... I can't stand the wait!

Safe travels and thanks in advance! =)

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: get_away_from_it_all ... Club Med... how was it?!?

I was wondering the same thing!

Really want to hear your thoughts and experiences!

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: get_away_from_it_all ... Club Med... how was it?!?

bump! we all want to know!!!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
368 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: get_away_from_it_all ... Club Med... how was it?!?

Me three. I have that on my short list for our trip.

Rockford, IL
Level Contributor
176 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: get_away_from_it_all ... Club Med... how was it?!?

Me too, I want to hear how wonderful it was!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: get_away_from_it_all ... Club Med... how was it?!?

How about the good, the bad, and the ugly?

No pressure. :-)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
368 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: get_away_from_it_all ... Club Med... how was it?!?

I have been reading reviews of CM and I noticed that most of the reviews were from people that have 2 reviews or less. Of the last 25 reviews, 18 of them were by first time reviewers, 4 were 2nd time reviewers and 3 had more than 2 reviews. Not sure what that means, if anything, but I thought it odd. I

I find it funny how people compare CM Turkoise to other AIs in the Caribbean and say you get better vaue elsewhere. If you compare the price of other T&C resorts to CM, it is actually quite a good deal when you factor in meals and cocktails. THat is if you get a good deal and do not go by the standard rates of course.

From what I am reading here, you could easily spend the cost of a CM room for two on meals and cocktails. Also take into account the 2x daily snorkeling trips and it's quite the bargain.

I realize most of the people going to T&C are well off and not worried about spending some extra money for a nicer room, but I am not the type to spend much time in the room anyway. We did the AI Tam in Aruba last year thru a greatr deal with cheapcarribean and had a great time. Most people think that resort has much to be desired.

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: get_away_from_it_all ... Club Med... how was it?!?

Sorry...didn't see this before I posted that we are home.

Not feeling the best and I took a lot of pictures...I'm guessing somewhere around 1000 so I have a lot to sort out. Slept 14 hours last night...after a long 22 hour travel day home and only a couple hour nap yesterday morning.

I promise to write a full review of Provo and Club Med....the good bad and the ugly....LOL

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
465 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: get_away_from_it_all ... Club Med... how was it?!?

get_away:

Welcome Home! Sorry to hear that you are[were] not feeling well. Best wishes for a speedy recovery... health first, TA reviews second!

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip! =)

Kitchener Ontario
Level Contributor
781 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: get_away_from_it_all ... Club Med... how was it?!?

Take car Get away.... We had a great time there at the same time. We made it home abit faster than you. Will also post when have a chance.

PS - you didn't miss anything the last 2 days. Had rain Sunday afternoon as well as cloud / rain Monday morning. Not agreat way to end a 9 day vacation but the 7 with you guys was great

Lager

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: get_away_from_it_all ... Club Med... how was it?!?

Hey Lager...glad to hear you made it home safely. Sorry you had nasty weather your last couple of days...glad now we did not extend. We had a great time with you and your aborable wife. I sent her an E-mail today...have her check her spam folder....could be in there.

I'll have to tell the story about how I actually met you....LOL

Hope we meet you again one day on a future destination.

Enjoy the rest of your time off and give E a big hug from us and thank her again for the white chocolate bread. :-)