We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer/ alcohol questions

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Beer/ alcohol questions

Some questions for those of you who are well-traveled in Provo about the important stuff...alcohol!

- Can we buy beer at the grocery store? How do they sell it? 12 pack?

- Do they sell it warm or cold? Sorry to ask such specific questions but we know we won't have room in our fridge (just have a kitchenette) for an entire case of cold beer. Thought we'd just replenish the fridge as we go.

- What types of beer do they have? For summer drinking, we like more light, refreshing beer. What would you recommend?

- Are most beer twist off cap, or will I need to make sure I bring a bottle opener? (again silly question, but it won't be good if we buy beer that we can't open!)

- Can we bring beer on the beach? Does it have to be in a can (no glass allowed?)?

Thank you in advance for your answers...

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer/ alcohol questions

Oh! Almost forgot....

For people who make their own mixed drinks, what do you recommend thats easy to make in your room and bring to the beach?

Maybe just a simple baybreeze so we don't have to buy a ton of ingredients. I definitely plan on getting a few yummy frozen drinks at the hotel but we'd like to at least buy the beer and do what we can to cut back on costs.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer/ alcohol questions

1. Six, twelve, or case

2. Warm or cold

3. Pretty much the same beer you can buy in the States. Turks Head is the local brew.

4. I usually bite the caps off with my teeth -- just kidding. Sure, bring a bottle opener, just in case.

5. Bring it on the beach, anyway you like. Leave nothing behind but footprints. :-)

Hope this helps.

Edited: 04 June 2011, 22:15
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer/ alcohol questions

BTW, beer is two to three times what it costs in the States. Don't be shocked.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer/ alcohol questions

You're the best CaribDesi! Thanks for your quick reply!! Laughed at your comment about biting the beer cap off with your teeth, I'd be coming home toothless!

Glad to hear we can buy beer either warm or cold, thats great. I'm impressed that they have other varieties that we can find in the US. We're looking forward to trying the local brew but it'll be nice to have some of the usual stuff we're used to as well.

And thank you for warning me about the beer cost...is buying beer at the grocery store still cheaper than buying a beer at the hotels on the beach?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beer/ alcohol questions

Yep, the grocery store is less expensive, relatively speaking.

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,864 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beer/ alcohol questions

I have found the beer to be the least expensive and the wine selection to be the best at The WIne Cellar on Leeward highway. The Turks Head Light (in color, not calories) is a nice summer time beer, and less than the usual Corona, Presidente, Red Stripe...

Edited: 05 June 2011, 01:46
Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,170 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beer/ alcohol questions

Desi......number 4 is NOT very funny!

That is why my pager sometimes gets misplaced on the weekends.....LOL

Mike

texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beer/ alcohol questions

thanks for asking the important questions and to those who gave the tips.

we might see you at the beer aisle next week.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Beer/ alcohol questions

tcimike, I wrote that for you... thought your dental practice could use a boost. LOL

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Beer/ alcohol questions

Not surprised that Desi had all the answers to beer questions. Keep up the good work! Sounds like food on the table and long stretches at Somerset to me Mike ;-)