We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PLease tell me about a day trip to Mudjin Harbor

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
156 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
PLease tell me about a day trip to Mudjin Harbor

I've seen pics - by accident - but is it the most gorgeous place on T&C?

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,101 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PLease tell me about a day trip to Mudjin Harbor

It's one of many!

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
156 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PLease tell me about a day trip to Mudjin Harbor

What is the usual logistic & itinerary to get over to Mudjin - Middle Caicos?

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PLease tell me about a day trip to Mudjin Harbor

www.tciferry.com or ph # 649-946-5406................ runs every couple of hours during the day from Leeward to North Caicos, from there you need to rent a car (they will meet you at the ferry drop) and drive over the causeway to Middle Caicos.

Concord, North...
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PLease tell me about a day trip to Mudjin Harbor

Day trip to North and Middle Caicos (you can and should do both if you leave on the 9:30 ferry from Provo - return at 5:30)

I would suggest renting a jeep instead of a car ...most of the roads to the beaches are packed sand and its a rough ride in a car. If your not adventurous consider hiring a guide ...most of the beaches are off the beaten path and hard to find and a guide would help manage your time!

Start by heading to Middle first then work your way back ...you dont want to miss the last ferry so the closer to the dock the better!

On Middle caicos go to Mudjin Harbour, Daniels Cafe for lunch and Bambara Beach ...really nothing else worth seeing unless you like caves or wanna see Mr Alton Higgs!!!!

In North Caicos Horsetable Beach, The Beach at Pelican Hotel and have a drink at Barracuda Bar and Grill (at the Pelican Hotel) .... then Three Mary Cays!

The rentals car companies will give you a pretty good map but ask lots of questions and write the answers down because nothing is easy to find!!!!

Hope this helps!

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,382 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PLease tell me about a day trip to Mudjin Harbor

My wife thought I was nuts to drag her to the 6:30 am ferry, but it turned out to be a great move. The extra 3 hours was huge in terms of getting to see the other 2 islands and having plenty of time for Mudjin Harbor and the coastline. I wrote a review for MH and here's the photos from our day trip.

https:/…MiddleCaicosIslandApril2011

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,276 posts
617 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PLease tell me about a day trip to Mudjin Harbor

Thanks so much for posting these pics....need to make this trip!!!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
120 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PLease tell me about a day trip to Mudjin Harbor

Love your pics! We are going mid-July and your photos were awesome!

Waynesville, Ohio
Level Contributor
169 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PLease tell me about a day trip to Mudjin Harbor

While at Mudjin, make sure you look for "sea glass". Essentially just pieces of broken glass bottles that have been sand blasted over many years in the surf. You will find mostly green but keep looking and you can find yellow, red, blue, etc... They look like small gemstones.

Have fun!

Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: PLease tell me about a day trip to Mudjin Harbor

My wife and I don't even contemplate going to T&C w/o making sure we stay a few days on Middle. In fact we'll be back at Blue Horizon Resort again in August. The previous posts have made wonderful suggestions. However, if at all possible, you have to make it out to the Wild Cow Run area. You'll need someone to give you specific directions, but I promise it will be worth it. The following is what I posted during our trip last August:

We first went to Daniels Cafe and the Co-Op area. It's actually closed until Oct. 1. Those of you that have been there know there's a beach "road" that you can get on that literally is at the ocean's edge. It offers fantastic views and photo ops. It eventually merges back onto the main road and we then went to Bambarra Beach and the Tiki Huts. We found ourselves wishing we could be there when they have the "sailboat" races. Leaving there we made our way down to one of the most breathtaking places I've ever seen - Wild Cow Run. It was stunning. All the colors of the water are unreal. There are sandbars that seem to come out of nowhere out in the ocean. We made our way over to a few of them and the views were incredible. We were told that we were basically at the end of Middle Caicos and were a quick boat ride away from East Caicos. It's the perfect private place to spend the afternoon with a loved one on a picnic.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
156 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: PLease tell me about a day trip to Mudjin Harbor

relayer - Thanks so much for those wonderful pics!

Everyone else - great tips! OMG lots of things to look forward to next week!