We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dumb question about floating rafts....

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Dumb question about floating rafts....

So I've been reading a lot of suggestions to bring floating rafts, which I have already....

My question is, do you blow them up yourselves once you get to the beach? I only ask because the raft we have is about 5 feet long so by the time it gets blown up it might be time to leave, lol.

When we went to Aruba, there was an on site water craft operator who also had an air pump so he let us use that... hence the dumb question!

Thanks!

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
2,622 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dumb question about floating rafts....

Usually the staff at the beach of your resort will blow it up for you. We keep it on our balcony and give it away the day of departure.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dumb question about floating rafts....

Thanks Peaches. Glad to know we can put it to use haha.

We are staying at Ocean Club East, will the staff at the beach do it there?

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dumb question about floating rafts....

I blow ours up. It takes a while, I may get somewhat dizzy ;-) but it gets done.

Boston...
Level Contributor
160 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dumb question about floating rafts....

I am staying at Ocean Club East too, so I am wondering the same thing, we are bringing snorkels, fins also! Are you renting a car? I think we will rent one for a few days from Grace Bay Rentals

United States
Level Contributor
458 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dumb question about floating rafts....

I bought an oval 6 ft. pop-out raft from swimways.com. It's called a spring float and inflates just around the edge and pillow -- the center is mesh. Works great! Fits nicely in bottom of suitcase and inflates quickly. Comes with carry case.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dumb question about floating rafts....

pan-am - We bought the same rafts, found them at Target this weekend for only $10 each.

We go to the Caribbean/Mexico every year and I always bought rafts to bring to the resort and then left them there when we had to go home. But those rafts can be heavy, esp the all-plastic ones in the boxes! They take up valuable packing space!

So this year we bought the mesh ones that you can fold up and bring back home and use again and again. Plus, I like that when you're laying on them, you're actually still IN the water. When you lay on some of those plastic rafts, you're laying on TOP of the water and then within 5 minutes I'm hot and want to get back in the water. I like the fact that with the mesh ones you can lounge but still be in the water! And they pack up so easy!

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dumb question about floating rafts....

Question - isn't "flating rafts" redundant?

United States
Level Contributor
458 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dumb question about floating rafts....

Yes, weloveplaya ~~ they are great! Just checked and they are on target.com for 19.99 (put spring float in search bar) -- says not available in all stores.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dumb question about floating rafts....

Pan-am...they were on sale when we got them this weekend I thought we better get them while we can! I got a lay-down one for me and one that allows you to be in more of a sitting position for my husband. He can't wait to float in Taylor Bay with a drink in his hand!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dumb question about floating rafts....

The mesh one sounds great! We've already bought ours though, so dont really want to get another lol. Maybe next year!

Lyn - we don't currently have plans to rent a car but may do it for a day or two once we get there.

so excited!