We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blamona....

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Blamona....

My mom knows that my husband and I are going to TCI next month so while she was in Barnes and Noble last night, she picked us up the Frommers Turks and Caicos book.

As I was reading, I saw an area with a quote from "Blamona"...is this you?? I must say, pretty impressive to be in a travel book!

I read the entire thing in about an hour and I hate to say...I got WAY more information from all of you nice people on TripAdvisor than I did in the book.

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,705 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blamona....

Blamona Wrote the book. "Turks and Caicos Fodors in focus". ;-)

I thought she did a wonderful job on the book.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blamona....

Ohhh I see! Blamona, I'm so sorry if I insulted you, did NOT mean to do that. The whole point of my post was to compliment you.

I guess I learned so much already on TripAdvisor, that most of what I read in the book, I already knew. If I didn't know about TA, the book would be a great resource for 1st timers vacationing in TCI.

Edited: 02 July 2011, 19:38
Palmdale, California
Level Contributor
450 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blamona....

Blamona, you ROCK girl !! All of us 1st timers have really benefited from all the TA pros, their advice and knowledge is primo !!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Blamona....

Here's a "dirty little secret"...

Many of TripAdvisor's "Destination Experts" (including myself) wouldn't know beans about the TCI, if it wasn't for "blamona's" knowledge and input. Over the years, I've personally learned more from her than anyone.

BTW, you can ask her about every Caribbean island (I do) -- she's visited most all. :-)

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,431 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blamona....

Oh by the way.....I even picked her out at O'Soleil one night as she and her daughter walked by us.....I already knew who she was by all of her posts.

Love you Bamona!

Mike

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,460 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blamona....

I love you back!

(all of you, Carib, mike, camke, ajax, lover......the list goes on)

Allonym fellow DEs rock!

Ireallyappreciatethe complement, it's funny I was quoted, because I write for the competitor! Funny thing, it's just a side job, I actually make ice cream for a living!

I did write Fodors in focus: Turks and Caicos. Problem is they haven't renewed it yet and it's completely sold out (unless you get a used copy on a place like Amazon)

Even if its outdated, I really ads me. Cool tips the other guidebooks don't, ifi don't says myself. ;-)

I trully appreciate the compliment.

Pleasetellmewhat tout ink of your vacation, andpleasepostpictures so ican get my fix!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,460 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blamona....

Sorry for all the. Typos, I'm playing withmynew iPad and it makes funny corrections.

I meant to say

All the DEs here rock!

My outdated Fodors has cool tips

Please tell us what you think of your vacation

8-)

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,952 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blamona....

Blamona, did you get the TA app ;)

when its about to auto correct, click on the corner 'x" of the new word if you dont want it. Or you can disable auto correction altogether.

I saw the fodors focus book months ago in my local Barnes&Noble. Keep up the great work

Palmdale, California
Level Contributor
450 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blamona....

Blamona, did you say you make ice cream for a living !? OMG you really do ROCK !! LOL

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Blamona....

Legendary ice cream, that was even featured on a PBS documentary. :-b