We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying to T&C on Continental Airlines - Questions

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
67 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Flying to T&C on Continental Airlines - Questions

We are flying to T&C in December on Continental....does anyone know if we can gate check our stroller and if so where do we pick it up when we land there? will they have it on the tarmac for us?

Also does anyone know if they let you off the plane from the front and back or just the front? I know a few Airlines deboard off both.

We are flying back Business class so is 2 hours early enough to get to the airport on our return? We are travelling on a Monday. After reading some of the airport reviews it makes me nervous!

thanks!

Milltown, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying to T&C on Continental Airlines - Questions

Not sure about the stroller.

There is just one door on the plane.

Doesn't matter what section you are flying. I would give yourself at least 2 hours at the airport before your flight. We left on a Friday which is supposed to be not as bad and it was a nightmare. It just gets worse every trip. Too many flight going there for the size of the air port.

Edited: 14 July 2011, 10:55
maryland
Level Contributor
5,292 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying to T&C on Continental Airlines - Questions

I would say depends on what time your flight is leaving. We try to leave on the first flight out on a weekday and 2 hours is enough time. The later in the day it gets the crazier it gets

NJ
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying to T&C on Continental Airlines - Questions

We left on the CO flight on a Monday in April. 2 Hours was sufficient but we were traveling without children. We are heading back with Continental in November. The airport is a little hectic but moves pretty well.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
989 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying to T&C on Continental Airlines - Questions

They will gate check the stroller for you. It depends on who is working if they will have it set up for you.(some folks are just nice and some could care less). One trip we arrived to the stroller being up and ready but this past trip it would be laying on the ground :( Also I think it depends on the flight crew about exiting form both doors. We flew US AIr our last 2 trips to Provo and the first trip we were always allowed to exit from the rear of the plane (very convient since we sit it the last row with our toddler). But this past May the crew would not let us exit so we had to wait and wait!!

new jersey
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying to T&C on Continental Airlines - Questions

Just returned two days ago. Leave two hours before and CO boards both front and back on departure. ( at least on my flight) Have fun!

6. Re: Flying to T&C on Continental Airlines - Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 08:17