We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do we need water shoes or vibrams?

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
373 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Do we need water shoes or vibrams?

Do we need some sort of water shoes or vibrams for going snorkling and to explore at Taylor Bay and on skiffs? Or are flip flops fine?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do we need water shoes or vibrams?

For the above I would think flip flops are fine. For the snorkel tour I was the only one with any kind of footwear and they asked me to take them off so I wouldn't get the deck dirty. The path to Taylor Bay is short and easy so flip flops should be fine here as well. The only time I needed my water shoes was riding horses with Provo Ponies. Have a great time!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
439 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do we need water shoes or vibrams?

We bought water shoes and didn't even put them on once. In fact, next time I won't bring anything but flipflops.

Edited: 25 July 2011, 21:08
Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do we need water shoes or vibrams?

Flip flops that can get wet are fine, unless you plan to climb on sharp iron shore which we always seem to do. I have some Teva flip flops and Dash has some hiking sandals since we often find ourselves on sharp rocks.

4. Re: Do we need water shoes or vibrams?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 11:18