We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island vibes tours

Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Island vibes tours

I hear this is great thing to do while in caicos. Does anyone Have any Idea what the avg cost was..and where contact them once on the island.?

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
257 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island vibes tours

We asked our hotel concierge to book it for us, but you could google them and give them a call yourself if you'd rather.

Ours was the half day trip and I think it was around 79 or $89 per person. We had an amazing time and wished we'd booked the full day. Highlight of the trip, for sure.

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island vibes tours

Here is contact information for Shaun and Island Vibes I found on a previous post.

sdean7@live.com his cell is 649 243 0892

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island vibes tours

As mentioned above, we booked through our concierge for the half day trip. It cost $89 per person. We had a great time!

Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Island vibes tours

thanks guys for all your help..Im new the forum and love it..You can alot of questions answered.. Very cool..

Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Island vibes tours

looks like fun but all tours come with live conch slaughtering except the sunset cruise or am I wrong? would make me sick to my stomach.

Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Island vibes tours

What do you me slaughtering.?

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
4,101 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Island vibes tours

He is referring to the illegal harvesting of conch.

Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Island vibes tours

So wrong. I dont care where they get the conch from. The whole act of preparing the conches alive is barbaric. Nothing else.

Looking at videos like this where you can see that conches are intelligent animals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owOwesR3VMA

makes it just disturbing to be part of their killing, especially during a "holiday".

I hope that during our trip to the TCI we will never have to hear the noise that the hammer makes on the shell of the conch when the slaughtering begins.

It's heartbreaking to see the eyes of a conch when it gets torn apart alive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOn6VjEQOug

I don't care if it's a "tradition". Then you can also spend your holidays in the Faroe Islands during the grindwhale massacre each year or at the Taiji cove. These are also just "traditions".

If a conch could bleed or at least make noises, every tourist (with a brain cell left) would be shocked. Instead they are taking tours to take part in this massacre.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Island vibes tours

Just guessing... vegetarian?

Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Island vibes tours

So in your world, I have to be a vegetarian to dislike being around an animal while it's dismembered alive.