We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Royal West Indies

USA
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon Royal West Indies

I posted previously asking about Honeymoon spots and now am looking at staying at Royal West Indies vs Club Med we are only going to 6 days so I figure what we save by not going all inclusive we can use to go out to dinner!! (Club Med was running 1789.00)! I just wanted to make sure I was making the best decision! RWI seems amazing but I wanted ot be sure we could eat out and go to the grcoery store without breaking the bank!! Thanks for all the help!

new york
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Royal West Indies

Please look on the VRBO.com web sight there are a number of units at RWI at very discounted prices. We are renting # 31208, 64423 is another, these units have full kitchens so if you want to sleep in and do your own breakfast, pack lunches for a day on the beach and splurg at night. Email the people, often they have different prices for different times of year. Research all the available units for your time frame and go with what works best for you. The 1 bedrooms all come with full kitchens.Congradulations on your upcomming Marriage!!

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,820 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Royal West Indies

You are making the right choice. Even without going through the owner directly. It is a wonderful small resort, on a beautiful beach. You can eat out without breaking the bank, and go to IGA for some breakfast and lunch stuff, snacks and drinks is the way to go.

Houston
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Royal West Indies

Mainegirl - Check out my website - www.kathyunleashed.com. Click Photos and then look for "Our Honeymoon". I have a section full of pictures of RWI, our snorkeling trips, sunsets, the Sail Provo sunset sail, etc.

I personally think you will come out much cheaper with RWI. We went to the grocery store and ended up cooking in our room 2 nights and 1 breakfast. We bought the basics at the grocery store - spaghetti, sauce, sausage, pancake mix, bread, hot dogs & buns, soups, drinks, etc. We skipped breakfast most days because we slept too late, and then we would eat lunch in the room (except for one lunch at Mango Reef, RWI's restaurant). Then we would go out to dinner most nights (except for the 2 we cooked in the room). Our dinners typically ranged from $60 - $100 (including drinks). The meals we cooked in were obviously VERY cheap (I didn't think the grocery store was *that* much more expensive than in the U.S.).

Wenatchee...
Level Contributor
441 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Royal West Indies

You will not be sorry with RWI. It is a beautiful resort. If you want to go party at Club Med for one night (which is next door to RWI), one option is paying $40 per person, which includes dinner and all the drinks you want. We didn't make it over there, but it might be a good compromise if you wanted to try out the Club Med atmosphere, and have a quieter haven to come "home" to.

USA
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon Royal West Indies

Thanks so much everyone I just booked at the RWI July 24-29! I can't wait I really feel like I made the best choice!! katlady your website sealed the deal! look slike you had an amazing time!! Thanks so much for all the help!

Melissa

new york
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon Royal West Indies

Mellissa, That's great, we will be at RWI right before you. Did you end up booking through VRBO or the resort?

Houston
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon Royal West Indies

Glad the website helped, Melissa! We did have a fantastic time!! We're hoping to go back sometime this fall and we would definitely stay at RWI again!

USA
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon Royal West Indies

we actually booked thru our local travel agent she got a great deal, I can't even believe it! I think airfare was more expensive than the hotel for the week!! Any suggestions for resturants??