We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible to rent a day pass for pool/beach chair access?

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Possible to rent a day pass for pool/beach chair access?

My husband, one year old daughter, and I are planning a trip to Turks and Caicos next April. We are still deciding between a few options for accommodations. One possibility is a rental on Sapodilla Beach Bay. If we choose to stay on Sapodilla Beach Bay, I would want to spend at least one whole day, hanging out at Grace Bay. To help us make up our mind, I was hoping some of you could answer the following questions:

Is it possible to pay for a day pass at one of the resorts on Grace Bay to have access to their beach chairs, pool, etc?

If so, which resort/resorts would be the best for this and what is the approximate cost?

We would ideally be looking for a resort that includes a nice pool, great stretch of beach, a delicious and kid-friendly restaurant, and a good spa.

Thanks for your help!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
373 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible to rent a day pass for pool/beach chair access?

Honestly, you could totally do it at Regent Palms or Somerset which are my 2 fav stretches of the beach bc of the views, water, beach, and not as crowded and they have the cabanas. You could just walk down and get in one. No one would even know. We didnt have any markings or wristbands or anything. The only issue would be if you got drinks but you could bring a cooler (which we did) or pay cash which is expensive. There were more than enough cabanas in both areas AND you can walk next door to Mango Reef or Bay Bistro for lunch (which are better than RP menus IMO)

Peachland, Canada
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible to rent a day pass for pool/beach chair access?

hilocobaitza

Unlike some other islands Provo does not offer this service of renting lounges etc. that belong to the various resorts. Please ignore Amanda's advice of " No one would even know" as that is not good advice!! See previous posts on this subject. It is TOTALLY NOT acceptable to use a lounge or cabana on the beach or at the pool at any resort on Grace Bay UNLESS you are PAYING to stay at that particular resort. You can go to any of the restaurants as a paying customer...but unless you are staying there..it is NOT cool to just walk in off the beach to use the facilities and amenities that others have paid for !!

Of course you can purchase a Day Pass to the AIs such as Beaches and Club Med and maybe the Veranda offers these as well.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 16 August 2011, 05:55
Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,172 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Possible to rent a day pass for pool/beach chair access?

Provodreams.....I agree with you 100%.

It is WRONG to just walk on to another property and usurp their amenities that paying guests are entitled to....pure and simple.

"Crashing" other resorts is a no no on TCI.

I think Amanda was mistaken with her comment.

Mike

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Possible to rent a day pass for pool/beach chair access?

YOu can not use the amenities of other resorts if you are not staying there. Exceptions are the restaurants.

Most villas have beach chairs so the best would be to bring them with you to Grace Bay beach and enjoy.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
492 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Possible to rent a day pass for pool/beach chair access?

I also agree with everyone except for Amanda... "no one would ever know"? I'm just shaking my head at that comment.

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,727 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Possible to rent a day pass for pool/beach chair access?

Really bad advice from Amanda! That's like using your neighbors pool at home when their not looking.

You can find the Public Beach access, I think there are 4 or 5 of them in different areas of Grace Bay Beach. You will find some tiki huts for shade, but you will have to bring your own chairs, etc.

Feel free to walk into any resort and buy food or drinks, that is most welcome.

maryland
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Possible to rent a day pass for pool/beach chair access?

"no one would ever know" Doesn't matter, it is just not right. There have been many threads about this, if you want to look back. Not sure why anyone would feel they could use amenities for free that others have paid a lot of money for, I dont care if the beach is totally empty.

hilocobaitza: I guess you get the picture.Certainly not implying that you would do this, you did ask for advice on purchasing a legit day pass for the amenities. As provodreams mentioned possible ClubMed or Beaches

You may want to consider one of the resorts on Grace Bay especially with a one year old. Might just be a lot easier for you.

new york
Level Contributor
148 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Possible to rent a day pass for pool/beach chair access?

I have seen a large group of people come to PG when we were there and use the lounge chairs at the beach. They had their own towels but no umbrella. They pulled the loungers right by the water and even bought drinks! It was impossible not to notice as they were extremely loud! We then saw them gather their stuff after a few hours and walk right out of the resort. No one said anything to them!

While inappropriate...people do do that and get away with it!

Stinky, New Jersey...
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Possible to rent a day pass for pool/beach chair access?

Yikes!!! There goes the neighborhood!!!

Maybe not such a nice thing to do using a resorts beach chairs, I would think its up to the resort to allow that. Perhaps they don't enforce that rule in hopes that people will purchase drinks and lunch.

Me...what we did first thing is purchase sand chairs from the store and drag them around all week on different beaches.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
492 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Possible to rent a day pass for pool/beach chair access?

NYGolden.... That's interesting, when we stayed at RP we walked down to PG as I wanted to view a suite since that is a resort we highly considered. There was a sign that said to view a room was by appt only and also a sign that said no one other than PG guests were allowed beyond that point. I took that as not even being allowed to go there for a drink.

I respected that so we just kept walking!