We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BeachesResort Hurricane Irene

massachusetts
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
BeachesResort Hurricane Irene

first off I hope everyone is safe,,,

we are coming to beaches resort in a few weeks.. if anyone stays there in the next few weeks can you update us as to the damages if any, to structures, and beach

thanks

8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: BeachesResort Hurricane Irene

Yes I would like to know as well, we are going in Dec and I have been trying to get info since yesterday.so please if any one knows any thing let us know.

Thank s

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
255 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BeachesResort Hurricane Irene

This is a quote from Tripguy Travel Co. that was just posted on Facebook:

"Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort reports that all guests remained safely on property during Hurricane Irene. There is landscaping debris throughout the resort and in order to assess the damage, BTC will not accept any arrivals for the next 15 days. Guests scheduled to travel to BTC while the resort remains closed will receive a full credit valid for up to one year towards a future stay at any Sandals Resorts or Beaches Resorts in the Caribbean. Certain restrictions and black-out dates may apply."

8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: BeachesResort Hurricane Irene

thank you Massachusetts, have a good night

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: BeachesResort Hurricane Irene

We were to go down on Saturday and they just canceled our trip.

They say no refunds but I am fighting about that because I do not want them to hold our money for a year. We also booked the air with Beaches and they are saying we would just get an air credit. The option is taking us to Negril at the same rate but Negril is less expensive and a lot smaller. What to do? We are to leave in 3days.

Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BeachesResort Hurricane Irene

no refund in a case of a hurricane is ridiculous and if that statement is official, that company should be avoided like the plague.

nj
Level Contributor
133 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BeachesResort Hurricane Irene

i was scheduled to get married there the week of sept 14-21, i have family staying at another resort on grace bay. i am fighting with them now for a refund. they cancelled me i didnt cancel them, they offered me another property, how can i tell my family to lose money, cancel thier existing trip in tci and go to another location in the carribean plus airline and hotel fees.

give me my money back and ill get married else where on gracebay, they said no. i will never vacation at a beaches/sandals property again. this would of been my 5th stay at the property.

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: BeachesResort Hurricane Irene

Did you book the insurance with them at the time of booking?

Mechanicsburg...
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BeachesResort Hurricane Irene

We have been to Beaches Turks and Caicos yearly for the past 4 years and are booked for next year. We have always found the Sandals company to be reasonable. Friends have gone to Beaches Negril and enjoyed it, but it is a smaller resort. It is also less expensive. If I were in your situation I would go to negril and have the cost savings applied to a future Sandals vacation.

nj
Level Contributor
133 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BeachesResort Hurricane Irene

yes, i understand, but i have family that is staying on a nearby property for our wedding. i have to stay on gracebay that week no matter what. i cant do that to them. it already cost them a lot of money. i will have to figure something out.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: BeachesResort Hurricane Irene

The insurance has nothing to do with it. They BEACHES cancled it. The airlines are flying this weekend. I could see if we cancled because of the hurricane but we did not. Also we booked the air with Unique Vacations which is Beaches and they are not doing anything with the air just that you could use it for up to 1 year plus pay the 150.00 change fee. No way should we be held liable for their canceling.