We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat on a BUDGET?

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Huntersville, NC
Level Contributor
54 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Places to eat on a BUDGET?

I've seen the list of "must go to" restaurants but how about ones that are less than $20 a plate? I'm cheap (well, not THAT cheap) but I also like to feel like I just paid the right amount for some good food without blowing through our vacation budget. My husband and I are easy to please (except for service) so we don't have to be challenged with international/fancy cuisine dishes and menus that we don't understand...

Any thoughts? :)

Peachland, Canada
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat on a BUDGET?

Turks and Caicos is not a "cheap" destination by any stretch so be aware that you aren't going to find much for $20 per person at dinner. Maybe Pizza Pizza and Salt Mills Cafe for lunch ......if you want to stick with fritters sandwiches and burgers etc. Fish and chips at Sharkbite comes to mind for lunch and dinner I guess ....... and though I have never been I think at Flamingo on Grace Bay you can get a plate for less than $20 ( those people that go will tell you if that's correct ) but even at the Conch Shack lunch was over $50 for 2 of us with drinks and tip.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat on a BUDGET?

Sweet T's chicken...

Providenciales
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat on a BUDGET?

Hey Joses

Canada
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat on a BUDGET?

Chinson's Cafe across from Do-It-Center - pretty good jerk food on Friday & Saturday nights.

The Vix @ Regent Village had (has?) dinner entries for $15 on Thursdays.

It's not easy to think of a place with < $20 for dinner entree. Don't forget you have to add tax and service charge and tip.

Another option - cook yourself. There're 2 IGA grocery stores and most condos have kitche(ette).

Level Contributor
2,040 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to eat on a BUDGET?

Ricky's Flamingo does have a few things for less than $20. It is located next to Ocean Club East resort and is beachfront. The Cabana Beach bar art At Ocean Club has reasonable prices.The chicken wraps are very good and huge. Ocean Club West would have a similar menu. You can get burgers and fries as well from any of the three. Somewhere on the Beach at Corral Gardens has Tex Mex that may be in that price range. Salt Mills Cafe in the Salt Mills shopping plaza would also be a good choice.

Canada
Level Contributor
512 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to eat on a BUDGET?

Also at Ports of Call center for dinner--

Upstairs Bar and Grill

Jimmy's Dive (good happy hour drink specials)

Lots of inexpensive and interesting menu items at Hemingways restaurant at The Sands Resort (mainly on lunch menu but also some at dinner).

Tiki Hut at Turtle Cove (particularly their Wednesday night special)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to eat on a BUDGET?

Two words -- "Go local."

Flamingo's, Hole in the Wall, Three Queens, Da Conch Shack, Club Sodax, Smokey's, Horse-eye Jack's, Tiki Hut's Wednesday "Chicken or Ribs Night," etc.

Great local, authentic Caribbean food at reasonable prices.

"Somewhere" at Coral Gardens also has reasonable prices, if you're interested in Tex-Mex food.

Hope this helps.

Waynesville, Ohio
Level Contributor
169 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to eat on a BUDGET?

Sweet T's Chicken. There is no menu. They have Chicken and they have Fries. Thats it. You order by how much you want to spend. Personally, I find the $3 chicken / $1 fries is more than I need. Plus the $1 soda of course.

Bayonne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
743 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Places to eat on a BUDGET?

You know a place everyone never mentions, "Gilley's" at the airport! It is cheap, How about "Hole in the Wall", "Smokey's" and of course my personal favorite "Flamingo's". I could eat there everyday, simple food but good and your expense is your drinks!

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Places to eat on a BUDGET?

Shark Bite

Baci's pizza

Conch Shack if you have a vehicle

Horse Eyed Jacks if you have a vehicle

IGA Gormet already made meals (very good I was surprised)

Mango Reef (you could get satisifed with just eating the appetizers)

Hey Jose take out

Chinsons for meat patties

Top of the Cove Deli

Hemmingways

So you can see many places you can get a meal for under $20 but that does not include drinking.