We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in late march vs late april

New Market, Maryland
Level Contributor
658 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in late march vs late april

Trying to decide which island to go to this spring between T&C St Maarten and St Lucia. Anyone been to all three ? Weather is. A factor as we know the Bahamas tend to be cooler and windy in early spring. We prefer at leadt 80 degrees and warm water ! Also looking for good restaurant choices and the best beaches.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,304 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in late march vs late april

St. lucia will be the warmest

St Martin will have the best restaurants

T and C will have the best beaches

Juno Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
987 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in late march vs late april

Been to all 3. T&C in April would be my preference. As a matter of fact, we may be there again this April.

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,572 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in late march vs late april

Been to St Maarten 1x and TCI 4x I would choose TCI of the 2. I found ST Maarten to be to congested with cruisers and difficult to navigate. I guess it all depends what you're looking for. When I go away I want to relax, recharge and not be around a lot of people. TCI gives me that option. If you're looking for nightlife then St Maarten will give you that. The one thing I did like about St Maarten was you could take a day trip over to Anguilla which was beautiful.

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,791 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in late march vs late april

Late March is still 'winter season' for prices. Late April turns into 'spring prices', if that matters.

Level Contributor
2,040 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in late march vs late april

No one can predict the weather five or six months in advance but I will say expect Turks & Caicos to be much more expensive than Bahamas or St. Lucia.

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,365 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in late march vs late april

Have been to all 3.

Temps in late March and late April will be very pleasant.

We have gone at all times of the year and like it when it is not scholl break times.

The beaches are much nicer than the other two.

St. Lucia is nice with the mountains and lushness.

St. Martin does have the great restaurants in Grance Case.

But.....the restaurants on Provo are nothing to sneeze at either and there is no need for euros as TCI uses the US dollar.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Mike

New Market, Maryland
Level Contributor
658 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in late march vs late april

Thanks everyone!

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in late march vs late april

We used to be faithful April travellers, but have since changed our schedule up a little bit because April tends to be kinda windy, not always, but many times we have experienced that. Temps will still be mid to upper 80s.

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
59 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in late march vs late april

We've been to all three - if you're looking for the perfect beach and perfect weather, TCI has both. We do agree that St. Martin (french side) has the best restaurants although St. Maarten (dutch side) is pretty good too. We loved TCI so much we're going back this April - can't wait.....

10. Re: Weather in late march vs late april

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2012, 05:18