We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Bay Club or Windsong?

Redding, Connecticut
Level Contributor
85 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
West Bay Club or Windsong?

First timers to TCI.Will stay during February break,and we have two children ages 13 and 14.We will book a 2 bedroom Oceanfront at either place.Looking for great beach to swim and hang out, pool, and upscale room features,plus accessible to restaurants.We already booked at Windsong a few months ago,but can get a better price at WBC and are thinking of switching there.Thank you in advance!

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,702 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West Bay Club or Windsong?

Both are very nice resorts, but the beachfront at the West Bay Club is much wider with less foot traffic in front.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: West Bay Club or Windsong?

We considered the Windsong & WBC when we decided we wanted to be closer to Bight Reef (we wanted to be close to the offshore snorkeling)...and although this is our first visit (so we've never stayed at either), I agree with Camke...we like the wider beachfront & what we'd read about less foot traffic at the beach by WBC.

Rooms at both resorts look gorgeous & upscale. I believe you will need to rent a car at either place for more accessibilty to more restaurant choices. And again, since we'd never been there, I can't comment on how "swimmable" either beach would be nor how the pool areas are like. But just based on pictures & comments I've read, I like the fact that the pool area at the Windsong is beachfront. However, the glass portion/underwater visibility of the pool to the Windsong restaurant, I don't like

as much....just my opinion. The pool area at the WBC, although not beachfront, I like more because of its shallow areas (I guess you could call a nice "tanning ledge") and the pool loungers look very nice & comfy.

Like I mentioned above, they both look like nice resorts...but just IMO, I like the WBC a little more....and for the $ you're saving, I don't think you're giving up anything (other than just a few more minutes to walk to the reef) by choosing the WBC. Again, this is just my opinion....

Happy planning!

Edited: 13 November 2011, 20:06
Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: West Bay Club or Windsong?

I agree with the others for the same reasons... WBC for Wider beach and less foot traffic.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: West Bay Club or Windsong?

I've not visited Windsong since soon after it first opened. This week, I'll take a second look.

We've stayed at West Bay Club a couple of times, and enjoyed it very much. Both are very nice resorts.

Agree about the beach being wider at WBC.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: West Bay Club or Windsong?

Hmmm...for the better price I might be tempted to switch to WBC. I've stayed at WBC and the suites are beautiful and the beach is nice and wide. Have not stayed at Windsong but have been on the property and its very nice too. If you wanted to just walk out onto the beach and be right near the snorkeling area Windsong might be a better choice. Other than that, the price might be the deciding factor for me. (WBC is at most a five minute walk to snorkeling off beach)

Redding, Connecticut
Level Contributor
85 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: West Bay Club or Windsong?

When all taxes etc are added,the price is about the same.which has the better view from the room?Which is more accessible to restaurants?We have rented a car regardless,but would love to walk to places if possible.Are the rooms much bigger at WBC (it apprears to be 600sf larger for the 2bd).Since this will be our first time visiting TCI,our only information is from this forum and from the hotel websites.We like beautiful sea for swimming,clean upscale accomodations.I appreciate all your insights!

Redding, Connecticut
Level Contributor
85 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: West Bay Club or Windsong?

it is $800 more to stay at Windsong in a Junior Oceanfront vs luxury 2bd Oceanfront at WBC.I need to decide today and am torn..please help!:)

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: West Bay Club or Windsong?

If you're saving $800, I'd go with the WBC. $800 can pay for a lot of other things that may be important to you, ie more excursions, more dinners out, car rental days, etc.

And if I'm remembering correctly, I believe you're right....the 2 bedroom luxury at WBC is much larger than the junior suite at Windsong.

You may want to inquire and/or request for a higher floor at either resort for the best views.

However, IMO, I would say you're getting the "most for your money" at the WBC based on the information you've given.

Redding, Connecticut
Level Contributor
85 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: West Bay Club or Windsong?

Thank you very much for your input!I am going to cancel the Windsong ressie and book WBC..there is a very good rate through Sniqueaway which we can take advantage of.We really cannot wait to explore the island..looks sooo beautiful!

New York
Level Contributor
716 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: West Bay Club or Windsong?

Good choice... you will prefer the beach in front of WBC. We are snorkelers but when we are not snorkeling we eventually prefer NOT to watch all the foot traffic parade by us at he Wind Song