We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just can't stay away trip report with pictures

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,049 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Just can't stay away trip report with pictures

i just can't seem to stay away, so here's another trip report:

Stayed at my home, had a tiki bar installed by the pool, so in love with it!

Weather: iffy but still have killer tan. A little bit of everything, wind, seaweed, rain while sun was shinning. Mornings rainy, lunchtime sunny. Not the best by Provo standards, but excellent compared to other islands, and never a washout. Water was stirred up, so no snorkeling this time.

Ate at my new favorite, Bay Bistro. Excellent. Also ate at Baci, Thai Orchid, Deck at Seven Stars and mango Reef. Not a bad meal in sight.

Huge observations: the people of provo have really stepped up. Everyone was friendly, happy delightful. A couple of years back they where reserved and sometimes even rude. Even the airport chaos seemed pleasant with happy employees. Prices have gone up, and are going up again. The duty tax was raised, and although vendors are suppose to go through current supplies before raising rates, went ahead and raised them anyway. Beer is now completely outragous. Last week Presidente Light was $42 a case, now $65! same with Miller Light Cans. Almost makes you want to give it up. I said almost, but budget accordingly.

Company: delightful! Ajax1, Intheburgh, other island friends. Always good to see and hang out. NaDa as good as ever, but Daniel is playing loud! Too loud! Good thing the love is already there. Mr. Intheburgh and Mr. Ajax1 loved my camera, some pictures are so funny! a bottle at Mango Reef Bar, the hostess podium, a waitress, backs of our heads.......

Intheburgh already said about filming "Baseball Wives" tried to convince Intheburgh to do our own reality show, "Revenge of the Tourists" just for making noise at Point Grace. But then you're on Grace Bay, get lazy staring at the gorgeous water, and don't make it anywhere no matter how many plans you make.

Spent the day at Parrot Cay, always relaxing, gorgeous. What makes this place even more special is the awesome smell everywhere, like living a spa outdoors.

Next up:

Christmas

DE snorkel tile dedication

Maskanoo

New Years Eve

Visit Val at TurksandCaicosReservations

Visit properties for Fodors, so will keep everyone posted

…photobucket.com/albums/…

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just can't stay away trip report with pictures

The potcake and Christmas sand man pics are way too cute!!

Thanks for posting!

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,679 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just can't stay away trip report with pictures

OMG...I'm overdosing on pictures today.

Love your Tiki Bar..... when's the party???

Thank You Blamona your pictures are beautiful. Have fun and take lots of pictures of the Tile Party.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just can't stay away trip report with pictures

Blamona, your pics always turn out beautifully....thank you for sharing! I agree with Maca, the potcake pics are adorable!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just can't stay away trip report with pictures

blamona, how is it that you, ajax1, intheburgh, camke, myself, and everyone else keep missing each other by a matter days? Life's not fare. :-(

Deck the halls; show a a picture of the tile; shake your booty at Maskanoo; Happy New years; Say "Hello" to Val; and please tell us your impressions of the resorts you visit.

Looking forward to reading your insight -- you're always the best, IMO.

:-)

Edited: 15 December 2011, 04:40
Milford...
Level Contributor
4,261 posts
608 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just can't stay away trip report with pictures

Great pics, especially those ones of the adorable potcake!!!!

Milltown, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just can't stay away trip report with pictures

Did you adopt that precious pot cake? I love him/her.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just can't stay away trip report with pictures

Ok, now I can start my workday! Those pictures are awesome, blamona! Thank you!

Have wonderful holidays!!!!

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,695 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just can't stay away trip report with pictures

So much fun, I am having withdrawals, even with Santa on his way! Great pictures, and loved the ones on facebook, specially of the gang.

Desi, it is time for another TA Gathering. I anoint you and Val to take over and pick a date and place.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,499 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just can't stay away trip report with pictures

Very nice, blamona. I didnt see the pics yet (on the iPhone) but will soon.

Instead of revenge of the tourists it sounds like you guys may have enough material for "Provo house wives". Let's make it happen blamona.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just can't stay away trip report with pictures

Your pictures are awesome - thanks for sharing them & your trip report. Sounds like you will be busy the rest of the month - have fun!

Your new tiki hut looks great. The potcake pictures are so adorable. What a cute sandman - I am jealous as I can only make snowmen here!