We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel or VR for family with 2 young kids- not Beaches resort

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Queens, New York
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel or VR for family with 2 young kids- not Beaches resort

My husband and I are taking our kids (4 and 10 months) to Provo in March. Trying to find a place to stay that's kid friendly and beachfront, but not too expensive-under $400/night. I don't like the idea of a big all inclusive like Beaches. We want a 2 BR so I'm probably going to have to do a vacation rental rather than a hotel, but I would like the benefit of some of the amenities of the condos- beach chairs, restaurants & grocery store nearby. So basically this means staying in Grace Bay. Anyone have advice for me?

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,436 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel or VR for family with 2 young kids- not Beaches resort

Take a look at the sands. Great for families. Great location. Nice restaurant on site.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,940 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel or VR for family with 2 young kids- not Beaches resort

March is peak season, you will not find beachfront property 2 bedroom for under $550 plus the usual 21% tax.

The only thing that comes close is Villa Del Mar, which sits behind Grace Bay Club, so it's a property behind a beachfront property. It runs for $420 plus the tax. They do provide some beach chairs at the beach, and is actually quite luxurious, but it's not on the beach.

There are many villas, especially on VRBO that can provide your price range. Only tradeoff is theyre not going to be beachfront, so you have to pack up for the beach. Chances are most do provide beach chairs, etc, are close to everything including supermarket but are not on the beach.

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
430 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel or VR for family with 2 young kids- not Beaches resort

blamona is quite correct, it is peak season still in March and there will be nothing under your max...however we have stayed at a lovely complex called Palmyra directly behind the Sands and near the lemon cafe, the town houses there are 2 bed & 2 bath a full kitchen, dining and lounge areas...and it has a nice pool, best thing is it's only a short walk to the beach and the cost even at peak time is well under your limit. out of the 24 units only 104 and 401 are rentals (although 401 is adult only), if it sounds what your after do a google search or send me a message and I will send you the link to where we book...

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,678 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel or VR for family with 2 young kids- not Beaches resort

Other options to look into is www.southfleetwood.com within walking distance to many stores and restaurants

www.aquamarinebeachhouses.com will need a car, waking distance to Turtle Cove which has a few restaurants

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel or VR for family with 2 young kids- not Beaches resort

You could also look at Atlantic Ocean Beach Villas. The Jasmine Villa is two bedroom and would come under budget. This villa is not right on the water but a short stroll through their beautiful gardens to the ocean.

They're located at Turtle Cove with a short walk to 4/5 restaurants. You would however need a car to get to a grocery store and other restaurants located more in the "hub",

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,436 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel or VR for family with 2 young kids- not Beaches resort

Another option is to look for a 1 BR with a sofabed and not oceanfront but oceanview.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel or VR for family with 2 young kids- not Beaches resort

Sounds like Villa del Mar would be perfect for you. I stayed there for the first time last month, and was quite impressed by the accommodations, staff, and value.

We're also a family of four, and have stayed at eight different Turks and Caicos resorts over the years -- always a 2-BR condo. The quality of Villa del Mar's accommodations are among the best on the island, IMO. It's only a two minute walk over to the beach, where they have chairs, umbrellas, etc., as well as a beach attendent. Very nice. They also have a zero entry heated pool -- perfect for young children.

www.yourvilladelmar.com

Hope this helps.

virginia
Level Contributor
233 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel or VR for family with 2 young kids- not Beaches resort

We stayed at The Sands 3 summers ago with our girls and we loved it. It isn't posh, but very comfortable and you cannot beat the wide beach are and the nice pools for kids! What about looking into Villa del Mar? It may be more affordable at that time. It is across the street from the beach. Good luck --- you'll love it in Provo. The beach is amazing.

tresor70

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel or VR for family with 2 young kids- not Beaches resort

Hi, Take a look at Le Castellet in the heart of Grace Bay. It's a 2 bedrom 2 ba. condo that is right behind the Grace Bay Club. It's a 3-10 min. walk to anything you could possibly need. !2 restaurants, 5 dive shops, supermarket, 3 shopping centers, and 2-3 min. walk to the best beach on the island. The condo is fully equipped with beach chairs, umbrellas, barbecue area and pool.

10. Re: Hotel or VR for family with 2 young kids- not Beaches resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2013, 10:15