We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

T&C with 3 boys 9 and under

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
T&C with 3 boys 9 and under

Hello, we are looking to travel to Provo for the first time in late February. We are interested in a family friendly resort (other than Beaches). We are torn between an AI and a space with a kitchen. I am worried that I will grow tired of the same food in the same hotel for 7 nights. Plus my husband and I like to venture out to eat. Thanks for any suggestions.

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: T&C with 3 boys 9 and under

Without knowing your budget, the three bedroom oceanfronts at Ocean Club West are nice with a good functional kitchen. You can also bolt on resort packages for 3 days of 3 meals. Very family friendly.

oceanclubresorts.com/cms/…nightly-rates.html

There's always Val to help you with your search as well and they are a free service.

http://www.turksandcaicosreservations.tc/

Links to most resorts can be found on my website

http://www.provobums.com/html/links.html

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: T&C with 3 boys 9 and under

O.k., this is going to sound like another "laundry list" speech (apologies to the forum regulars), but we started vacationing in the Turks and Caicos when our two sons were ages 1 & 5. They're now ages 12 & 17, and we've enjoyed more than a dozen vacations there.

Over the years, we've stayed at Ocean Club West (4X), Coral Gardens, Royal West Indies, Turks & Caicos Club (4X), The Somerset, West Bay Club, Parrot Cay, and Villa del Mar. This summer, we'll probably stay at The Tuscany, but not sure yet.

We've never, ever eaten the same food at the same hotel for seven days. Our greatest concern while vacationing in the TCI has most often been deciding which restaurants we'll have to miss ... not where we'll dine each night. :-)

Your only AI choice for children, other than Beaches, is The Veranda. It's a very nice, well appointed resort property. I've not eaten there, but the grounds and accommodations are very nice.

Other than the all-inclusive Veranda, there are numerous very nice condo-style resorts and hotels to choose from.

I agree with Provobum that www.turksandcaicosreservations.tc is a great resource for information and reservations, especially when sifting through all the options, rates, and last-minute specials. Give them a call.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 04 January 2012, 01:10
Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: T&C with 3 boys 9 and under

That's what I like about you Desi...short and to the point ;-)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: T&C with 3 boys 9 and under

LOL, yes, "blamona" and I are known for our brief responses. :-)

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
225 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: T&C with 3 boys 9 and under

I've seen many references to asking Val at www.turksandcaicosreservations.tc for reservation help. Is there a way to email him directly? I only found the general contact form on their website. Thanks!

maryland
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: T&C with 3 boys 9 and under

You can just email the general address. The office is very small and a good chance Val will answer. If not they are all wonderful and knowledgable and helpful

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: T&C with 3 boys 9 and under

Val's email address is val@turksandcaicosreservations.tc.

Hope that helps.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: T&C with 3 boys 9 and under

We are narrowing our search. Anything specific you can tell us about Somerset, CaribDesi? Thanks

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,170 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: T&C with 3 boys 9 and under

There are many resorts that would be great for families in many different price points.

In the mid range.....The Sands is a good one to look at. Very family friendly and the property always looks well kept. (Have stayed ther a couple of times)

Somerset would be nice too for an active family....and there are many choices there too from the English Cottages to Stirling House to the ocean fron Estate Homes. Very classy property. This property appeals to couples as well as families.

Hope that this helps.

Mike

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: T&C with 3 boys 9 and under

jmhas2boys, tcimike is our local Somerset expert, but our family of four stayed there once. It's a beautiful property, and the two-bedroom English cottage was very nicely appointed.

We also enjoyed the fact that The Somerset is located directly next door to the Regent Palms spa -- very convenient, especially for my wife.

Like Mike said, there are many resorts that are great for families. So much so, that we enjoy trying as many as we can. Unlike most other destinations, I can honestly say that I can't think of a single Grace Bay resort that I would not recommend. There's something for everyone, ranging from nice to luxurious.

Edited: 05 January 2012, 17:34