We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The real price for drinks on Provo?

Clinton, Missouri
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The real price for drinks on Provo?

Ok, we know eating out on Provo might be a bit pricey but have a plan and budget for that. Also beer to go sounds like it is darn high. What about beer and cocktails with lunch, dinner and maybe a cold one along the beach. We want to know how pricey does that get? We really enjoy a cold beer after an afternoon of snorkeling. Also a couple with a burger for lunch. And who doesn't love a nice cocktail after a fine meal? We are too old for, and are not going for a whoop whoop party but want to know what to expect.

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The real price for drinks on Provo?

Count on $6-$7 for beer and $10-$12 for a mixed drink

Canada
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The real price for drinks on Provo?

Mixed drinks at the Deck (Seven Stars) go up to $18-20 each. Ouch.

A glass of wine at the restaurants is normally $8-9.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The real price for drinks on Provo?

visit GraceWay Gourmet/IGA....buy your own beer, rum, wine etc. and mix your own in your room and enjoy them on the beach while saving a few $$ at the same time.

BTW welcome to the forum!!!

Edited: 13 January 2012, 16:31
Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The real price for drinks on Provo?

Yes, ttewks is right...buying & making your own drinks can be quite a cost savings! Also, bring a collapsible cooler with refreezable ice packs...comes in very handy to carry your beverages around, no matter where you are on the beach or in Provo.... :)

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The real price for drinks on Provo?

Ocean Club West is about the most reasonable on drink prices along that section of Grace Bay. They charge $7.00-$8.00 for a frozen cocktail/mixed drink and you can get a bucket of beers (5 Turks Head) for $22.00. This doesn't include tax of course. Plus the Seaside Cafe has really good food too and it's a very pleasant place to have lunch or dinner and not spend a small fortune. Hope this helps!

maryland
Level Contributor
4,993 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The real price for drinks on Provo?

PattyNewport, Seaside Cafe is mentioned very rarely, glad you enjoyed it.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The real price for drinks on Provo?

Best way to keep the cost down is moderation! We allow ourselves one drink each with dinner. For volume consumption we made our own. I bought pineapple orange juice at Graceway and mixed it with Bamburra Coconut Rum...everytime I make one at home I am brought back to T&C.

Bayonne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
761 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: The real price for drinks on Provo?

When i am on the islands and get together with local friends, we always go the Wine cellar or IGA and browse for the on-sale wines. i have become quite fond of them! But I usually am on island for more than a week and drinking beer can put a dent in my bank account!

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: The real price for drinks on Provo?

Moderation? I go there to drink. Just submit to their will and hand them your wallet when you get off the plane. Works for me.

Guess I should add...beer and a pinot grigio at TheDeck at Seven Stars...wait for it...$22.

Edited: 13 January 2012, 22:20
Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
162 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: The real price for drinks on Provo?

Any Charles Shaw wine on the island? My favorite.