We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Club East vs. OCW vs. RWI with 5 year old

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
5 posts
Save Topic
Ocean Club East vs. OCW vs. RWI with 5 year old

I will be traveling to Provo in May with my 5 year old. We've narrowed our hotel choices down to OCE, OCW or RWI. We don't need a kid's club per se, but my son has a much better time when he sees other kids around - somehow if other kids are there it must be fun. Is one of these places more kid-friendly than the others? Any advice or recommendations?

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Club East vs. OCW vs. RWI with 5 year old

I think all the places you listed are very kid friendly. On our trips we always stay at OCW and have always seen kids around the resort. We'll actually be at OCW in May, what are your travel dates? Where I've never stayed at your other choices I can't comment on them.

Welcome to the forum, another Ma resident here.

Edited: 13 January 2012, 19:54
maryland
Level Contributor
4,744 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Club East vs. OCW vs. RWI with 5 year old

Been to OCW and RWI, either would be fine. We prefer OCW because it is closer to grocery shops etc... Like a five minute walk to the store. OCE has a shuttle to OCW then get to the market. You can walk from RWI, but in the heat with a five year old, it wouldnt be fun. They all have beautiful grounds and nice wide beach

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Club East vs. OCW vs. RWI with 5 year old

We stayed at OCW (4X) when our kids were that age. It's a nice resort property, and has the more central location of the three.

You're probably not going to see tons of kids around at any of the properties mentioned, but one never knows. However, they're all very much family-friendly.

BTW, we also stayed at Royal West Indies and enjoyed it too, but we prefered Ocean Club West w/ young children -- just a personal preference.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 13 January 2012, 22:18
Boston...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Club East vs. OCW vs. RWI with 5 year old

Well it is looking like OCW is probably the place! Of course it is the most expensive so I'll have to stew on that for a few days :) Thanks for everyone's feedback.

Keater: We're heading down for a wedding over Memorial Day weekend - will probably arrive a few days prior but need to finalize.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Club East vs. OCW vs. RWI with 5 year old

LisaBd, you might want to check out the OCW price on www.turksandcaicosreservations.tc They have a "January Sale" on now, and that will save you an extra 5% off the lowest prices on all of these resorts. They also throw in some extra travel "rewards," like a free rental car, spa treatments, etc. IMO, it's worth taking advantage of.

Forgot to mention that Ocean Club West has a great lagoon-style pool, and the restaurant has recently expanded with a deck that looks out over the ocean. I enjoyed dinner there this past November (grilled lobster -- yum!), and it's fantastic. The outdoor restaurant (Seaside Cafe) is also child-friendly.

Enjoy. :-)

Edited: 14 January 2012, 05:22
New York
Level Contributor
716 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Club East vs. OCW vs. RWI with 5 year old

I'm a fan of RWI, but I think there might be a bit more activity at OCE or OCW, remember, if you stay at one one the Ocean Clubs, you are entitled to use BOTH resorts

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Club East vs. OCW vs. RWI with 5 year old

LisaBD. We'll be at OCW during that time arriving on 5/19 and departing the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. Perhaps we'll see you there.

Boston...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ocean Club East vs. OCW vs. RWI with 5 year old

Thanks again for everyone's assistance!

Keater: We're still trying to decide but are most likely to wind up at one of the Ocean Clubs. We're a family of 3 and will definitely keep an eye (and ear) out for you.

9. Re: Ocean Club East vs. OCW vs. RWI with 5 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2013, 10:25